We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
AZ
1 post
Save Topic
price for extras

We are going to the Hilton resort in waikoloa Village in October and we would like to know if they charge fees for using the Cabanas, umbrellas or hammocks? I read on here that some people feel that they nickel and dime you for everything...these are the only things that I feel should be free and I am not prepared to pay for.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,566 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: price for extras

Don't know myself, but i always think it's most reliable to go direct to the source rather than relying on internet forum info. If it were me, I'd get in touch with the Hilton and ask them.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,694 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: price for extras

You can sit in the hammocks for free ... as for umbrellas, the resort isn't on the beach so it isn't like they are putting up umbrellas every day .. I know they have some around the pool and I don't recall paying for them ... but I also don't recall using them.

Sunnyvale, CA
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: price for extras

There's a $7 fee for self parking and $14 for valet. There are fees to rent the sports equipment at the lagoon. As reported earlier, hammocks are free - first come first served. Sorry, I don't know about umbrellas or cabanas.

I was there 2 years ago. The parking lot gates were being repaired, so I nicely asked if they would waive the self parking fee, and they did.

I'm visiting in October as well. Maybe I'll see you at the monorail stops.

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: price for extras

xited don't give them any ideas no these have been free but limited. The lagoon is man made and sand trucked in.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
282 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: price for extras

The cabana chairs are free. Although you may have to wait around a while to get one. We managed to get one every day at sunset though by arriving early.

Although the sandy beach is man made - outside of the lagoon you can get directly into the water for snorkelling and the water is clear. You will need to have rubber booties because you have to walk over lava rock to get into the water.

For the avid snorkeller this is an advantage - most people won't want to go in where they have to walk over rocks so you have it all to yourself.

6. Re: price for extras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 27, 2009