We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost to swim with dolphins at Waikola

Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cost to swim with dolphins at Waikola

Haven't been able to ascertain how much it costs to swim with the dolphins at Hilton Waikola. If anyone can advise it would be very much appreciated - I should imagine you have to book prior to arrival. Thanks.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
551 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost to swim with dolphins at Waikola

Reservations should definitely be made. They can be made two months before the day you want to do the dolphin swim. Go to the website listed below, it might be able to tell you what prices will be for each option. http://www.resqwest.com/docs/hilton.asp

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost to swim with dolphins at Waikola

TT, because you're a local and an animal activist...I will leave this response up to you........

Thank you ahead of time.

baliliz...don't swim with the dolphins...............

TT?

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost to swim with dolphins at Waikola

the cost will be between $160 and $220 per person dependiing on the lengtrh of time in the pool......15 or 25 min is all you get for that.. about $10 a min.

These are tame dolphins and the experience is worth it for two reasons : it satisifies the desire and; it dosent hurt the wild dolphins.

You have to make reservations months in advance on line....

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,566 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost to swim with dolphins at Waikola

There's much controversy around swim-with-dolphin facilities, whether the dolphins have been captured or bred in captivity. Here's some sites that present perspectives on the issue:

hsus.org/marine_mammals/…

www.wspa-usa.org/pages/268_dolphin_facts.cfm

marineconnection.org/campaigns/captivity_swi…

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost to swim with dolphins at Waikola

I wouldn't really call myself an "animal activist" but it is true that all my donations go to animal welfare related organizations. "Swimming with dolphins" in the wild is a harassment and against the law in Hawaii, and I don't really think the dolphins at the Hilton are very happy to swim with anyone either. Just think about it people, would you be happy if a wild animal would ring the bell of your house to spend a little time there with you?

6. Re: Cost to swim with dolphins at Waikola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 19, 2009