We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Affordable Condo area in Waikoloa

Which Waikoloa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Nice Affordable Condo area in Waikoloa

I have never been to Waikoloa Village although I have been in a day trip to "A" Bay last year. I wondered what would be a good Condo complex to stay at in this area that would allow us to walk to the beach and other places ?

We do like walking although a 20-25min to the beach would be about as far as we'd prefer to walk. I suppose a complex with a nice pool would be a bonus as well, We were hoping to be in the $100-150 p/night price range for 2 adults . Probably staying 2 weeks late January 2015 .

Thanks for any info You can Provide.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
24,403 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Affordable Condo area in Waikoloa

Waikoloa Village is a town about six miles up the mountain so you wouldn't be walking to any beaches unless you're training for Ironman. :-) I assume you mean Waikoloa Beach. Easy confusion especially because the Hilton at Waikoloa Beach puts "Village" in their name!

So first I encourage you to read through the Top Question on the right hand side all about Waikoloa Beach resort which will give you lots of ideas for condos and resort maps so you can see where they are in relation to the beach. There are several in your price range although more towards the middle and upper range. You can walk to Anaehoomalu Bay (not "A-Bay" please) from any of the complexes but you might well prefer to drive as it is a hot walk. Vista Waikoloa and Fairway Villas are two good options.

You might also want to consider the Mauna Lani which IMO is a more natural feeling resort area with nicer beaches and more Hawaiiana feel (although fewer shops and restaurants). There are options in the mid 100s at the Fairways, Golf Villas, and Palm Villas. There is also a TQ on that resort. But both are good options.

The TQ and going through vrbo should help you narrow down your choices and then you can post some links here of you're stuck between a few different ideas.

Edited: 5:45 pm, April 23, 2014
Maryland
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Affordable Condo area in Waikoloa

My husband and I just returned from 8 nights at the Waikoloa Village Villas. Our stay was April 30-May 8,2014. And yes, it is 6 miles up Waikoloa Road, away from the Waikoloa Beach Village (where the Hilton, Marriott, King and Queens shops) are. We stayed at VRBO 67128, but the 2BR/2BA condo is also listed on tripadvisor. It is very quiet at the Village Villas, right on the golf course. The condo is centrally located for travels to other parts of the island. We really enjoyed our stay there, and Sylvia and Denis were a pleasure to talk and email with.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,596 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Affordable Condo area in Waikoloa

I second Shea's suggestion to go over the Top Questions and follow the links in them. Those topics were meant to give you an intro to the resort. There are numerous resort and property management websites that are great resources for studying the complexes and their amenities and locations (linked in the TQ).

I'd advise you to take a quick look at the field and get oriented. Get a map of each resort and keep it open on a separate tab as you go over them.

You will likely make a better choice if you do this bit of homework.

4. Re: Nice Affordable Condo area in Waikoloa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, May 17, 2014
Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,596 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Affordable Condo area in Waikoloa

simcvillage,

promotion of your rental is not allowed on Tripadvisor forums. Please remove your post.

6. Re: Nice Affordable Condo area in Waikoloa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 19, 2015