We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 BD condos that are WITHIN the Hilton Waikoloa Village?

Which Waikoloa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
2 BD condos that are WITHIN the Hilton Waikoloa Village?

My elderly parents with not great mobility bought a week deal that could be used either at the Kings Land at HGVC or at condos that are actually within the Hilton property. I will be accompanying them. I can't find much info about what these latter condos are like and was hoping someone on here might know where they are located and how they compare to Kings Land. After reading the comments on here about how difficult the parking/getting out of hotel is and how bad the food is, I personally am partial to Kings Land where you can park right outside the property and quickly get out to eat and do day trips. (Note: it will be me doing the journey to the self-park!) I have to admit though my mother is a big Disney fan (which the hotel seems to resemble) so wondering if they would be happier there with the canals and monorails, etc. Any thoughts? Would valet parking solve the issue of getting in/out of hotel easily?

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,340 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 BD condos that are WITHIN the Hilton Waikoloa Village?

Sorry, don't know about the Hilton condos, but everyone has praise for Kings Land. You still have Hilton privileges, and in fact thr public can go ride the boats and trams same as guests. The "monorail" is not exciting at all, and the boats are slow and there are lines.

The Disney monorail was up on a raised track. This is just no different from any electric train and runs at ground level.

How long it takes to get out to the valet depends on location inside. Do you not have a map of where the condos are? Ocean tower is the farthest.

Valet parking will cost you additional for parking with a tip for every in and out, and Hilton parking is not cheap, but it should be free at KL. The food at Hilton is quite mediocre and very expensive. Up to you, but you will spend more money for the so called Disney atmosphere, which it really is not. I'd go visit. The novelty is good for maybe a day and that's about it.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,051 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 BD condos that are WITHIN the Hilton Waikoloa Village?

Here is a link to a map of Waikoloa Beach Resort.

waikoloa-realty.com/kohala-resorts/waikoloa-…

Your questions on this and a couple of other recent threads indicate to me that you are struggling to get a sense of the layout....perhaps the map will help.

Waikoloa Beach Resort is the name of the Resort......in which there are 2 Hotels, Marriott Waikoloa, and Hilton Waikoloa Village(confusing name).

Also within the WBR are 3 condo style complex that are timeshares. The newest is called King's Land, then there is HGVC, and finally Bay Club, which is the oldest.

Other accommodation condo choices within WBR are non timeshare properties Hali'i Kai, Kolea , The Colony, The Shores, Vista, Fairway Villas, Waikoloa Beach Villas.

There are no condos "within" the Hilton property. All complexes are "within" the Resort area.

Staying at King's Land..... Is the superior choice of the condo options you have before you. You will have significantly more room than at the Hotel. You are still able to visit the Hotel and use their facilites( parking , pool etc)and experience the "Disneyworld atmosphere" if this is your preference.

Hopefully the Map will assist you to get a lay of the land.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,340 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 BD condos that are WITHIN the Hilton Waikoloa Village?

Ah, no wonder I had never heard of the condos on the hotel property. They do not exist! ;-)

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
279 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 BD condos that are WITHIN the Hilton Waikoloa Village?

There are three Hilton condo complexes (Kingsland, Kohala Suites and The Bay Club) in addition to the Hilton hotel, all within the Waikoloa Beach Resort community. A shuttle is provided that stops at each property plus the two shopping centers in the development.The shuttle runs from 7am-10pm and continuously loops throughout the route in the following order in 5 minute intervals between each property: Kohala, Bay Club, hotel, King's shops, Queen's shops, Kingsland.

I have stayed at the hotel, Kingsland and am at Bay Club now. Bay Club and Kohala Suites are right next

door to one another, just past the hotel and Kingsland is a little further down the road. The hotel is massive, the comparison to Disney is accurate and while it may be fun initially with all of the stimuli (kids like it), it gets old quickly. The physically mobile can easily leisurely walk the grounds, but most choose to wait for the monorail which again is reminiscent of the lines at Disney and the monorail moves so slowly that between waiting, boarding and getting transported actually takes longer than if you chose to walk. The hotel does have valet but again, you will be waiting each time you need your car, not to metion spending a lot of $ on gratuity. We recently exchanged our rental car there at the hotel since Alamo/National has an office at the hotel and preferred not to drive back to the airport. Valet had to retrieve the new car for us and of course we gave him a $3 tip for his assistance so imagine that times however many times you leave the hotel.

If you stay at Kingsland, you will receive a parking pass. (for self park) to the hotel and have privileges to use the hotel pool free of charge. You could always drop your parents at valet and then self park to avoid valet

fees. I believe that you will get the same if you stay at Kohala but not Bay Club. The pool at the hotel is cool but very busy and loud. The pool at Kingsland is awesome with waterfalls, a kids pool adjacent and very resort like in feel, but much more relaxing since it is not packed with screaming kids. Kohala's pool has a waterfall for white noise but is small, but fine for the complex's size-not crowded either. The one thing indent care for at the Kohala pool is the rattan lounge chairs. While pretty, they don't have cushions and you end up constantly sliding down your chaise since they are so slippery. A towel does not help! For this reason, I have been going to either of the 2 Bay Club pools which are more simple but have cushioned chaises. All of the pools at the three condos are quiet. Bay Club and Kohala guests can use any of the three pools that the 2 complexes share since they share the same grounds. I believe that Kohala guests can use the hotel pool for one day only (a pass) but Bay Club cannot. Kingsland can use the hotel pool too, unlimited. if you choose Kingsland you will probably be satisfied using the hotel pool just once unless you have small children who will like the play area (slides) at the hotel. That's the only draw at the hotel.

Now for the actual units. Kingsland is the newest and probably the nicest in terms of furnishings but Kohala and Bay Club are barely a step down. All three have elevators and parking close to each building. I checked out Kohala and Bay Club two years ago while staying at Kingsland, to see if I would want to trade into one if them in the future (timeshare). Both Kohala and Bay Club were completely renovated 2-3 years ago and are very nice. Bay Club units are huge with lanais being extra large as well. The two bedrooms are almost 1200 sq ft with a 500 sq ft lanai. Kohala is a little smaller but still roomy. Kingsland has the smallest units but still fine. I recall that the Kingsland kitchen was more like a studio apt set up which bled into the eat in kitchen where as Kohala and Bay Club have proper kitchens with a formal dining room. We are only two people who always trade into a two bedroom so we have more than enough room. If we had four (or more) in our party, I would definitely prefer Bay Club, then Kohala, then Kingsland for roominess in the common areas. If you google any of the properties on the HGVC website, you can see pics of the interiors. The master BR at Kohala and Kingsland does not have a defined partition between the bedroom and in suite bathroom, which bothers some. The toilet has a door but it is set up more like a standard hotel room. Bay Club is set up more like a condo as it was originally developed as condos but then converted to timeshares due to the poor economy.

Please let me know if you have any more questions as I thoroughly researched all three condos!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
279 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 BD condos that are WITHIN the Hilton Waikoloa Village?

By the way, excuse some of my typos in my previous post as I'm using my iPad and it is much more difficult to type on vs a laptop! Auto correct has a mind of it's own!

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,340 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 BD condos that are WITHIN the Hilton Waikoloa Village?

I hear you on that! Your post was incredibly helpful, the most detailed and clear info I have seen here on the Hilton timeshares. *claps*

I plan to be linking to it in the future! :)

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
25,449 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 BD condos that are WITHIN the Hilton Waikoloa Village?

That was very helpful, I have linked this topic under the Kohala Lodging TQ.

KK, I think we should have a Waikoloa Beach TQ and also I"m going to create a Mauna Lani resort TQ using your topic on that subject that you created...

Edited: 4:55 pm, November 05, 2013
Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,340 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 BD condos that are WITHIN the Hilton Waikoloa Village?

Great! I am beyond grateful that Shea puts so much effort into the Top Questions. I am a real slacker.

I was just thinking we need a restaurant TQ. There have been some good discussions recently, and it seems we donʻt have one. I have many thoughts about things we should have, but then I donʻt make them happen like Shea does.

East Coast
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 BD condos that are WITHIN the Hilton Waikoloa Village?

There has been talk of converting the Ocean tower to timeshares for over 10 yrs.

There was recently a PUD sign with intent to add access and driveways to it.

Supposed to be completed by 2017... If ever.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
279 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 BD condos that are WITHIN the Hilton Waikoloa Village?

Thanks SheaG and KamaainaK for the props! I use TA all the time when planning for a trip so I'm all about paying it forward!