We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vista Waikoloa Condo Unit

Which Waikoloa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vista Waikoloa Condo Unit

Hi, I'm trying to decide which unit to rent for a week in late May. We need two bedrooms (one with two twin beds for my two adult children). We're an active family so we'll likely be out during the day and only cooking supper and sleeping in the unit, so good kitchen and quiet at night are important; quiet lanai with good views would be a plus. Noise from traffic or people in upper unit would be a minus. We don't golf but we do boogie board, so boards would be nice to have in the unit. My list includes D202 (South Kohala Management), G201 (VRBO 11826), G205 (VRBO 309565), and G306 (Waikoloa Realty). All info much appreciated.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Vista Waikoloa Condo Unit

Steve, please read the posting guidelines for business owners. No solicitation for business is allowed on

Tripadvisor forums. If you want to advertise, buy an ad!

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,373 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Vista Waikoloa Condo Unit

OT: This is the only place we have ever stayed where I saw groundskeepers washing the "STOP" signs! I can't get our gardener at home to pull the dandelions out of the garden bed.

Ann Arbor, michigan
Level Contributor
122 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Vista Waikoloa Condo Unit

We stayed in 306 several years in a row, but not since 2008 and would highly recommend its location in the Vista complex. It's quiet, great lanai, nice furnishings, the owner is great, we always enjoyed it. I do not know if they have done any upgrades, the kitchens in the Vista units aren't as good as some of the newer complexes. I don't believe any of them have their own grills, but it was easy for us to grill in the common area.

Logan Lake, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Vista Waikoloa Condo Unit

Hi there,

Has anyone stayed in the VRBO Vista Waikoloa # 3550458ha? It's had a recent reno update and has no reviews yet. I haven't got a unit number yet, but it looks to be at the side of the complex with a small ocean sliver view and a road behind the lanai/grass area. I'm concerned about traffic noise as a few people have mentioned this.

Any info would be great

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Vista Waikoloa Condo Unit

Donʻt know if this will help, but here is the map link.

http://goo.gl/maps/U87RL

Even though I have not stayed there, I am confident that Waikoloa Beach Drive has much more traffic than Keana Place, so you want to know which of the two roads you see. Perhaps you can figure it out by comparing the map and the photos. You can switch to street view from the link.

Logan Lake, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Vista Waikoloa Condo Unit

Thanks for the link. Helpful. I just found out that the unit is A-104. Any info on that one anybody?

Renee

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Vista Waikoloa Condo Unit

Here's a site map of the complex. It's not on the main road, but it is not as far from it as some of the more interior buildings. At least you wouldn't have buses going to the Hilton driving right by.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,048 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Vista Waikoloa Condo Unit

Building A at Vista is well situated, but you might prefer a higher floor ...to take advantage of the lovely views.

A ground floor unit in that location....is limiting.

Vista is a great property, well constructed, excellent soundproofing....where road noise is not a huge issue within the unit.

The unit you link has had a moderate reno.....not totally unappealing.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,037 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Vista Waikoloa Condo Unit

Renee, that unit (even though ground floor) should not experience people walking by your lanai.......the front door is quite close to the pool and bbq area but the main living area and master bedroom face the rear of the building.......If you look at the picture that shows the back lawn as viewed from the condo.....the main gate to the complex is located to the far right........there is a hedge which separates your back lawn from the sidewalk and side street.......

If this unit fits your budget and travel dates, I wouldn't hesitate booking it......looks lovely !!

20. Re: Vista Waikoloa Condo Unit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 15, 2014