We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikoloa Beach Resort vacation condo rental

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Waikoloa Beach Resort vacation condo rental

Has anyone stayed here:

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p392295

This is one of my options when staying on this side of the island.

Will be staying for 7 nights.

Where exactly is the rental located?

Edited: 7:02 pm, January 03, 2013
Canada
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waikoloa Beach Resort vacation condo rental

It appears that the unit you are interested in is Unit I23 located within the Waikoloa Beach Villas . WBV is a fairly new condo complex in Waikoloa Beach Resort , South Kohala district, Island of Hawaii.Units were completed in around 2008.

WBV is conveniently located across the street from 2 Shopping centers.....King's Shops, and Queen's Marketplace....where there are numerous shops and restaurants.

The Waikoloa Beach Resort is a popular destination for visitors to the Island. The area experiences clear blue skies, little rain and is located close to some of the Island's best beaches.

I suggest you contact the owner for specifics regarding unit location within the complex.

Safe Travels

Edited: 7:25 pm, January 03, 2013
Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,873 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waikoloa Beach Resort vacation condo rental

According to the map, it's at King's Land, which is a bit north of the Queens' Shops, away from the main road in and out of the resort (quieter), and bordering the Kings' Golf Course. Lovely pools they have there.

Not sure if you know this, but these rentals are tied into Google Maps, so just click the map link on the rental listing menu, then zoom in closer and the streets appear, and switch to Satellite View to see the actual terrain. Switch to Street View by dragging the little man onto the road and you'll be standing in front and can follow the street view up and down and all around.

A useful tool is Youtube. Just run a search for Kings Land Waikoloa and then select video and you'll find videos made by visitors who stayed there.

Edited: 7:31 pm, January 03, 2013
Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,873 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waikoloa Beach Resort vacation condo rental

Here's a video tour of the pools done by a guest. It's slow but comprehensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMnxJPkai08

Always confirm with the owner the exact address; don't rely that the Google map link is correct without verifying. It's only as accurate as the owner was when inputting the address.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waikoloa Beach Resort vacation condo rental

The homeaway link that the OP has provided is a "Beach Villas" unit.

The map labeling feature is wonky.

In Satellite view.....the locator pin is at the Beach Villas . However, there is some miss labeling of "King's Land " adjacent to the Beach villa label.

I recognize the property as WBV from passing it daily when on Island. I have also toured the property and recognize the unit layout which is very similar to Fairway Villas next door (same builder) where I have stayed.

In the reviews section of this listing, one guest mentions the property by name, plus there is a shot of Queen's Marketplace across the street. King's land does not have garages, which are shown in entryway pics.

You will rarely see a KL unit on vrbo/ homeaway.

Edited: 11:43 pm, January 03, 2013
Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,873 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waikoloa Beach Resort vacation condo rental

So glad you corrected that, Wanderlust.

I felt uneasy about the accuracy of the map arrow, and that's why I added the bit about verifying. I had noticed the review comments on Queens too. I don't know the different units well the way you do.

Vanessa,

here is the WBR site page with links to each condo complex:

waikoloabeachresort.com/index.php/big-island…

There is an overall map of the resort site, which you should check out.

Here's the link:

waikoloabeachresort.com/index.php/resort-map

Check out the other info on the site, like the dining and shopping too.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waikoloa Beach Resort vacation condo rental

Thankyou all for your input. Much appreciated.

7. Re: Waikoloa Beach Resort vacation condo rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, January 06, 2014