We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Kohala Management Company

Dubbo, Australia
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Topic
South Kohala Management Company

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the above company when renting a condo. I have read one review from someone who had a very negative experince with them (re check in, check out etc) and was wondering if this is a common problem.

Thanks

Marita

Dubbo, Australia
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: South Kohala Management Company

We decided to stay at Fairway Villas unit A2. So hopefully all goes to plan with check in....I can't imagine anything worse than dramas checking in after a long haul flight. Makes me tired just thinking about it. Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

san pedro
5 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: South Kohala Management Company

How was your stay at Fairway Villas unit A2?

Jeff

Dubbo, Australia
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: South Kohala Management Company

Jeff, Thanks for asking but not quite there yet....will be heading over at the start of Oct. if I get time I will post a review. I cant wait!

14. Re: South Kohala Management Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, May 20, 2013
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
86 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: South Kohala Management Company

I have rented from South Kohala management company on at least 7 different occasions. Except for one time at Mauna Lani Point, all the other rentals were at Mauna Lani Terrace.

The last time I rented from them was extremely unpleaseant.

The unit that we rented was represented on their site as a higher level and upgraded. It was anything but that. Old kitchen with peeling cabinit doors, dirty grout, old dingy bathroom. The worst offense was that the water from the shower in the second bathroom flooded the bedroom.

All these problems were related to the manager from South Kohala Management who worked in the office on the grounds.

She was awful to deal with. Extremely unaccomodating and totally unhelpful. She suggested that we put towells under the bathroom door and refused to deal with the misrepresentation of the unit.

Finally, after much aggrivation our unit was changesd.

I will never deal with this company again.

Kawaihae, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: South Kohala Management Company

Sophia, did the identical problem as you described in your January 2011 review happen again this year?

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60588-d8720…

17. Re: South Kohala Management Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:15 am, May 19, 2013
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,989 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: South Kohala Management Company

Carport ... I think she was referring to her January 2011 stay, since she mentions above, "The last time I rented from them....".

Canada
Level Contributor
9,167 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: South Kohala Management Company

I, too took Sophia's comment as to her last visit utilizing South Kohala Management.(2011)

When you have an unpleasant experience with a company.....you can recall it years later.....like it was yesterday.

I believe that some companies mistakenly underestimate the memory of a dissatisfied customer.

Kawaihae, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: South Kohala Management Company

What I glean from Sophia's remarks is that she had an unsatisfactory -- let's say horrible -- experience with South Kohala Management *ONE TIME OUT OF AT LEAST SEVEN TIMES* that she used them. That's a pretty good average for South Kohala Management, about 85% in my book. If they'd been unsatisfactory prior to that, I'm certain Sophia wouldn't have used them again, as there are many other options.

I view Sophia's comments as a "one-off" with respect to South Kohala Management. I've used their services since 1999, both as a vacation rental owner (until 2004), and as a renter (since 2004). Of course, there are occasional issues with any property management company, or property, or renter. But I'd say that for many years, South Kohala Management has consistently set the gold standard for property management companies on the Kohala Coast of the Big Island.

Edited: 2:21 am, May 20, 2013