We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need dinner recommendation for New Year eve

2 posts
Save Topic
Need dinner recommendation for New Year eve

Hi

will be travelling for the New Year and aside from the Hilton we could not find another place to celebrate. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Thank you

Napua at Mauna Lani Beach Club
$$$$, American, Seafood, Polynesian
Island Gourmet
$, Japanese, American, Sushi
Pueo's Osteria
$$ - $$$, Italian, Pizza
Waikoloa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need dinner recommendation for New Year eve

Tommy Bahama at the Mauna Lani resort did a New Year's Eve party last year, with Four Course Dinner, free-flowing champagne, limited edition shirts for the men (special bag, scarf & umbrella for women), plus party favors and life dancing to a 5-piece band. Also, every year the Fairmont Orchid seems to throw a pretty big party. I can hear it from my house on the resort.

FYI, Ruth's Chris is giving away a free appetizer this month. If you're in the area, you might want to check it out: …shopsatmaunalani.com/free-appetizer-offer

Disclosure: I work with The Shops at Mauna Lani

Mentioned in this post
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
4,483 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Canada
Level Contributor
276 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need dinner recommendation for New Year eve

I booked the Eddie Aikau restaurant for new years eve since we are travelling with teens/ young adults and staying at kolea so we wanted to be able to walk to dinner. Not sure if there is a special dinner that night but hopefully it's good and fun!

Edited: 8:09 am, December 13, 2011
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need dinner recommendation for New Year eve

@lkinoshita : This sounds great, thank you. Do you think it needs advanced reservation?

Edited: 3:25 pm, December 13, 2011
WNY
Level Contributor
146 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need dinner recommendation for New Year eve

We loved Brown's Beach House when we were in Kohala. No idea whether they're doing anything special for NYE.

Mentioned in this post
Brown's Beach House
Brown's Beach House
994 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations
Kohala Suites by Hilton...
1,163 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need dinner recommendation for New Year eve

We walked in Eddie Aikau last week and we had our teenager with us. The hostess actually told us to look at the menu first, and after doing that we didn't stay! Our daughter couldn't find anything on the menu she would eat.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
31,767 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need dinner recommendation for New Year eve

I just posted a thread with some options. Eddie's menu looks good for NYE, as does Tommy Bahamas.

7. Re: Need dinner recommendation for New Year eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 30, 2012