We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Kona airport to Waikoloa Hilton

Which Waikoloa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
From Kona airport to Waikoloa Hilton

Just wondering if anyone can recommend cheapest shuttle or taxi service to take 2 adults from Kona airport to Waikoloa Hilton? We are there for 3 nights and don't really want to hire a car as we plan to spend majority of our time relaxing within hotel grounds.

Thanks.

21. Re: From Kona airport to Waikoloa Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, August 05, 2013
Canada
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: From Kona airport to Waikoloa Hilton

King's Land is a GREAT suggestion......spacious, new...free parking at KL &the Hilton...plus free use of the pools et al at the HWV.

The spaciousness of a condo vs a 400 sq ft hotel room with small Lanai is an easy choice......not to mention, 2BR/2BA....privacy etc...not having to tip toe around if someone is napping.

Perhaps this is a points redemption? If so, perhaps you could swing something at the affliate King's Land?

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Edited: 9:12 pm, August 25, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: From Kona airport to Waikoloa Hilton

Spent 7 nights at the Hilton without a car. Don't need one. Lots to do in area, but need to get out also. Just take several guided tours and leave the driving to the locals. You're on vacation, you don't want to be stuck behind the wheel. Too much to see. It's fabulous. Have your travel agent include your round trip ride to and from the airport in a package deal and it will cost alot less.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
648 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: From Kona airport to Waikoloa Hilton

I don't care which island I'm on, I want (and need) a rental car. As previously posted, there is way to much to see and do to not get out and explore. I go do "something" every single day but I'm a super active, go-go-go personality so I like to be on the move. I'll snorkel in one place for 2 hours and then move to another beach for an hour before getting in a 2-3 mile hike in a 3rd area.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
24,456 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: From Kona airport to Waikoloa Hilton

While doing only guided tours make work for some people, you will not experience much of the island this way, and it limits your ability to have any flexibility, spontaneity, adjust for weather, stop wherever looks interesting, sleep in if you're tired, experience all the beaches, snorkel spots, heiaus, and valleys, etc. etc. It also adds unnecessary expense, even accounting for rental car, gas, and parking fees, that route is always going to be cheaper than daily tours, especially for families.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: From Kona airport to Waikoloa Hilton

Speedi shuttle is the way to go. They are on time and the best prices. You will have to re-confirm your reservation though, each way otherwise they might not pick you up. I have been all over the big island and so for now when I go there, I do not rent a car. I walk, especially if you are in the Waikoloa complex. If I want to go some where far away, I rent a car for the day or for two. Or, you can rent motor bikes, bicycles, etc. For only 3 days to be on the big island really is too bad. Hapuna beach is the best! But, if you are lucky enough to even have 3 days, enjoy Waikoloa and all it has to offer. But make sure you come back to tour around with more time. Walk to the Lava Lava beach club next to the Waikoloa Marriott. Really fun place with great sunsets. Google it.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: From Kona airport to Waikoloa Hilton

is it cheaper to rent before you go, or in Hawaii?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,577 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: From Kona airport to Waikoloa Hilton

It is usually always cheaper to book ahead - and during busy seasons, car rental companies on Hawaii can & do run out of cars - I always book ahead. Here are two companies I always use - you can book ahead with them, and if you find a better deal, you can cancel with no penalty/charges.

http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/

http://www.aloharents.com/

Canada
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: From Kona airport to Waikoloa Hilton

Definitely place a courtesy, non pre-pay hold on a vehicle as soon as you know your dates.

I book on-line directly with the various rental companies......Alamo, Budget, Avis, Hertz, National etc..... whichever provides the best pricing for your vehicle class and dates.

There are many professional and loyalty discount codes and ecoupons that can be applied for further savings...i.e. Costco, Frequent flyer, University affliations. etc etc

The beauty of the non pre-pay is you can check back and re-book if the price has dropped, then cancel the previous reservation.

Reserving once on Island would be a risky venture......a practice that has gone by the wayside since most folks make most of their own Travel plans electronically. The chance of paying a premium as a "walk-up" is pretty high....as well as not having any availability(disastrous)

I happen to know that the past few Christmas holidays have seen the fleets sell out sometime in October( for the most part)....with compacts going for over a $1,200+ USD/week just prior to sell out.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
24,456 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: From Kona airport to Waikoloa Hilton

There have actually been people here stuck renting U-Haul vans and trucks from Home Depot or Lowe's to get around when they made the mistake of not renting a car well in advance.