We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Other Condos with Hilton Waikoloa Pool Access besides Kolea?

Irvine, CA
Level Contributor
271 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Other Condos with Hilton Waikoloa Pool Access besides Kolea?

I understand that a Kolea renter can buy a day pass to the pools at Hilton Waikoloa Village for less than $90.00 for 4 people. Does anyone know if other condo properties in the area have the same privileges?

Also, could someone can give me some good rental agencies for condos in the Kohala Coast area?

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
39,380 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Other Condos with Hilton Waikoloa Pool Access besides Kolea?

The pool pass isn't a privilege. It's offered to the general public if occupancy permits. There are at least two complexes associated with the Hilton that give full pool privileges. Kings Land and HGVC--not Kolea.

South Kohala Management and Abbey Rentals are well respected and there are others.

www.southkohala.com is a good website for shopping the resort offerings.

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
773 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Other Condos with Hilton Waikoloa Pool Access besides Kolea?

While we were staying at the Hilton I asked a pool attendant about day passes for family that was staying in the area. I was told that a day pass for the resort areas (pools) is $80/per person and that some condos offer a reduced rate if you are booked through the condo office.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Other Condos with Hilton Waikoloa Pool Access besides Kolea?

My understanding is that the price is $80 for a family of four, not $80 per person. And anyone can take advantage of that price - whether staying in a condo in the Waikoloa Beach Resort or anywhere else. As noted, some of the timeshares do provide access, included in their price.

We've had great success with Outrigger and like dealing with them.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15,094 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Other Condos with Hilton Waikoloa Pool Access besides Kolea?

Here's a mindblowing thought. Since the Hilton policies about pool passes do seem to vary depending on season and occupancy levels (if they are full they are less likely to bring in outside guests) how about calling them directly to find out what the "deal" is? 808-886-1234

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
181 posts
992 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Other Condos with Hilton Waikoloa Pool Access besides Kolea?

We stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa Village several times over the years, but never used their pool. The main Hilton pool is a large, shallow, touristy place and loaded with screaming keikis, and some inebriated adults. It is also unheated,

and pools get very chilly in the winter,

even in paradise.

I was swimming in a pool at a Kona resort last month. The locals though I was lolo.

There are at least five beautiful natural

beaches located within ten minutes of the HWV.

Lets not pay $80 clams for the pool. The HGVC guests at Kingland and Kohala Suites

are granted this privilege.

Bellevue, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Other Condos with Hilton Waikoloa Pool Access besides Kolea?

We called this morning to inquire about a Hilton pool day pass, and the price had doubled to 160 for four people, but included the use of a hotel room from 10-6. The pool's defintely not worth paying $40/person - that's what I'd expect to pay for a full size water park.

Door County WI
Level Contributor
278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Other Condos with Hilton Waikoloa Pool Access besides Kolea?

I am thinking of going to Hilton Waikoloa Village in March. Can you rent cabanas by the pools? If so, what would that cost? Is March considered winter, will the pools be cold?

Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Other Condos with Hilton Waikoloa Pool Access besides Kolea?

Currently you can rent at Kolea through Waikoloa Vacation Rentals and get access to the amenities of the Hilton Waikoloa.

As mentioned above, the pool pass is ever changing so it would be smart to call them direct if you are not staying at one of the Kolea villas that offers access.

9. Re: Other Condos with Hilton Waikoloa Pool Access besides Kolea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 30, 2013