We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikaloa restaurant for wedding party

Which Waikoloa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
albuquerque, NM
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Waikaloa restaurant for wedding party

We are getting married at the Hilton in Waikaloa in late December. We want to have dinner with our wedding guests in a nearby hotel instead of a traditional reception. We were planning to go to Roys, but I've read a lot of mixed reviews and have some concerns. It will be a small goup, only 9 of us, and we don't want to spend a fortune, but we want to have a nice meal with our family/friends who were able to join us for our wedding. I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waikaloa restaurant for wedding party

Roys is very noisy, and the food quality has fallen a lot, but not the prices.......Lots of sauces out of a bottle

I would suggest the Provision Company at the Hilton..... very nice view very good food.

Try Imari at the Hilton as well

Or At the Mauna Kea Pavilion 15 miles north very class and secluded without prices that kill

carmel
Level Contributor
609 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Waikaloa restaurant for wedding party

Aloha snl, if you don't want to spend a fortune stay clear of the Hilton. Roys is a happening kind of place but always good. Actually Hawaii isn't really know for it food but atmosphere.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waikaloa restaurant for wedding party

I agree w Hawaidann. The Provision Co is a great place to eat with good variety the food is decent to good but not terribly overpriced like some of the others. If everyone likes Ethnic Food there are some other good choices there at the Hilton. The Provision Co has good atmosphere with some intimate seating if you request in advance for your party.

Langhorne, PA
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Waikaloa restaurant for wedding party

I would recommend the Marriott's main restaurant because it is elegant, personal, romantic, upscale and is in the True Hawaiian aloha spirit. It is a very classy reataurant that overlooks that lawn, sunset, and fish pond.

Roys would not be a good choice for a wedding party. To noisy.

The Hilton Provision Company is Very, Very expensive and although it has private rooms that would seat up to 16 at one table, the atmosphere is lacking.

wisconsin
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Waikaloa restaurant for wedding party

Hello snlsouthwest,

My wife and I were married at the Waikoloa Marriott on December 5th 2005. We had our wedding dinner at Brown's Beach House at The Fairmont Orchid, and it was absolutely spectacular. It is pricey,(the bill for 6 of us with everything was between 300-350), but definately worth it. Brown's is an outside restaurant. They have entertainment nightly, and the waiter asked the band to play the Hawaiian Wedding Song and for us to dance. It was worth it. If you go there, tell them you are a wedding party, and ask to have "Fred" your waiter.

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
237 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waikaloa restaurant for wedding party

I took a group to the Hilton Provision a few months ago. We had a cranky waitress and it was a turn off. The food was not remarkable. I am a foodie so I dine out alot. If I had my choice I would take Roy's over the Hilton. You may check out Alan Wongs at the Four Seasons may be a little pricer but nice. Brown's has a nice view but food is also unremarkable. Pahuia at the Four Seasons phenomanal but very pricey. If I had to choose between Roys or the Hilton , I vote for Roy's.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waikaloa restaurant for wedding party

In Waimea.....you might check out Daniel Thibeauts...... a very nice place with a french-Hawaiian flair.....plus they are out of the resorts and are trying....... a very good option

I woouldd never back to Roys.... poor food oveer priced and has an attitude.....Roy aint there.

carmel
Level Contributor
609 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Waikaloa restaurant for wedding party

Aloha Snl., Roys is a good choice and I haven't heard anything bad except from HD. Roy's has many restaurants in Hawaii and the mainland. Known for it's good food and service. Their volcano cake is outstanding. If you don't want to spend a fortune and are wanting to stay close to the Hilton go to Roy's.