We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikoloa breakfast options

Which Waikoloa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
233 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Waikoloa breakfast options

I'm staying at the Marriott Waikoloa as I write this and went to the concierge desk this evening to check out the breakfast options and was amazed at how much the hotel restaurant charges for a simple breakfast - $17.95. Can someone recommend a good breakfast restaurant that opens around 7am, or earlier, and has decent prices like $10 and below. We had Boots and Kimo's on Oahu and thought that was fantastic, good food and good prices.

thanks!

sacramento
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Waikoloa breakfast options

KK beat me to it, the Hawaiian Style Cafe is the stuff of which breakfast legends are made. You will not need lunch that's for sure.

I ate there last in November of 2007 so I am not current.

Bill

C M
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
978 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Waikoloa breakfast options

You are visiting Hawaii - it is expensive!

We make the most out of it by making breakfast a 'destination event' - we visit different luxury resorts and have their brunch or breakfast (we pay $$$) and tank up. We don't eat again until supper. We enjoy the ambiance, 4 and 5 star decor and breathtaking views and have had some WONDERFUL MEALS. We cannot afford to stay there - but, we can eat there and walk around their property and beaches.

We took a drive North to Hawi and had one of the best breakfasts we have ever had on the island at the SHORT AND SWEET BAKERY AND CAFE (to die for cinnamon rolls and yummy breakfast panini) - across the street from THE BAMBOO Restaurant - great Thai food. Ate there twice in one day :0. So, it all depends on what you want in and from your meal.

Just happened onto this article in LA Times about food on the Big Island

…latimes.com/destinations/…dining-guide

Bon Apetite

13. Re: Waikoloa breakfast options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:25 am, October 15, 2009