We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Beach Dining - Island of Hawaii

Which Waikoloa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Piedmont, California
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Beach Dining - Island of Hawaii

What is the most romantic beach dining on the Island of Hawaii (price is not an issue)?

This has been asked various times, but wanted to get more recent recommendations.

We will be in Hawaii early August 2008 to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday. This birthday is quite important to us as he almost died 5 years ago and we want to celebrate his remarkable recovery.

We are looking for a romantic evening (beach dining preferred). We are staying on the Kona side.

BTW, what time is sunet in August?

Thank you in advance.

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Beach Dining - Island of Hawaii

My hubby and I enjoyed Canoe at the Mauna Lani Bay hotel in Waikoloa area.

Right on the beach, beautiful palm trees fringing it, nice quiet area and wonderful food. We celebrated our 19th anniversary there and loved it!

Very high end and VERY romantic!!!!

When we made reservations for last Sept, we just asked them what time for a lovely sunset and they told us. We enjoyed some great wines with our appetizers, the sun began to set just before dinner and we had the romantic Torches lit and candles around us with the twinkling stars for dessert.

We capped it off with a walk along the deserted beach and it was a great evening!

new hampshire
Level Contributor
453 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Beach Dining - Island of Hawaii

We went to Pahauai at the 4S for our 10th anniversary last September. It was amazing and right next to the beach. We saw a couple at a private table on the beach as well. It was probably one of the most memorable meals we have ever had.

go to sunrisesunset.com - sunset should be around 7pm

and celebrate away!

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Beach Dining - Island of Hawaii

Aloha, wonderful to hear about his recovery and that you both will share this wonderful event on the Big Island. If money is really no issue.. call the 4 seasons and ask about the private table on the beach!!

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Beach Dining - Island of Hawaii

The Canoe House is not on the beach but you have ocean view from there. However, for really special occasions, there really is just one choice: Pahui'a at the Four Seasons.

CA
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Beach Dining - Island of Hawaii

My DH & I love Brown's at the Orchid. Fred the waiter is awesome too! Hope he's still there when we come back in November.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
1,021 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Beach Dining - Island of Hawaii

I second Brown's Beach House at the Fairmont Orchid. The beachside restaurant has great service, great food and wonderful live music. The ocean breeze and moonight are very romantic. It is the single most memorable place I have eaten for atmosphere.

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Beach Dining - Island of Hawaii

Sounds like you certainly have cause for celebration. Pahui'a would be my first choice as well for most romantic beachfront dining on the BI. Exquisite viewa and equally exquisite food. Have a wonderful trip.

Waikoloa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic Beach Dining - Island of Hawaii

Sunset in August should be approximately 6:45-7 p.m.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic Beach Dining - Island of Hawaii

Hale Samoa at the Kona Village Resort also has beach side dining as well. However, from all reports, Pahu'ia at the Four Seasons is THE place for special meals.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic Beach Dining - Island of Hawaii

husker is right....Hale Samoa is beach front and in a very private exclusive setting.

Canoe House is on the grounds of a large hotel complex and sits 100 yds back from the beach as remember.

Four Season is the best.. and they can arrange most anythng for a price a normal dinner for 2 will run about $250 to 300. more for special service