I will be spending a week on the BI in March with my two teenagers. I am a single, dad and like to pre-plan to take advantage of our time. We are staying in the Waikoloa resort area (next to A-Bay) but have a rental car for exploring. We will do the VNP area for 2 days also. I would appreciate any recommendations to the following questions...
1) What is the best luau in the area?
2) Where is the best snorkling place ( I read captain Cook, K bay but take the hiking trail to K bay instead of hiring a boat & crew?
3) What is best authentic, island dinner (Merrimans)?
4) Can you learn to surf at Hapuna Beach?
5) Are local petroglyphs (near golf course at Waikoloa I think) hard to find?
6) Best local drink?
7) Best and closest tropical rain forest to drive and hike to ?