We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Bay Club at Waikoloa ??

Waynesville,Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
The Bay Club at Waikoloa ??

My wife and I are HGVC members and we will be staying at the Bay Club during Thanksgiving (2007).

Which pools ( and how big are they) can we use for Free ??

Thanks,

Bob

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Bay Club at Waikoloa ??

Aloha, they have 2 pools, I would consider them small compared to the Hilton's and they are right there on site. You need to pay for the day pass to use the Hilton's pool.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,443 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Bay Club at Waikoloa ??

pools at the BAY CLUB... 2 as I recall are the size of a residential pool ( mine for example) the only smaller ones are at Fairway Villas.... which are over size spas.

I think timeshare owners get a free shuttle form the "new" project not the bAY CLUB.. TO THE HILTON..... And you may, not sure get access to the hiltons pools from the Bay club....the older and seperate condo

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Bay Club at Waikoloa ??

Hi, we were there last week but stayed at the new HGVC side. They are treating both resorts (Bay and HGVC) as one resort. So you check in at the lobby of the HGVC club, and meet there for the welcome breakfast and the Hawaiian entertainment night. Then the childrens party and other events are held by the Bay Club pool. There is only one gym, at the Bay Club, and the snack bar down there offers meals, while the bar at the HGVC pool is mainly drinks. So there are three pools on the combined properies that are available.

There's a shuttle that runs through both resorts every hour, then also takes you down to A Bay, the Kings Shops, the Hilton Hotel, etc.

The only difference that I'm aware of is that if you're staying at the HGVC, they have an arrangement to use the Hotel's pools, which the Bay Club doesn't have. All we had to do was give our name to the people at the towel stands at the hotel, and they had us on their computer as HGVC guests. Then they gave us an wristband. I thought we'd go there more often. But it's an ordeal to take the shuttle (or walk about 15 minutes), then make your way back to the pools. I think if we had younger kids, we would have enjoyed that option more.

Waynesville,Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Bay Club at Waikoloa ??

thanks for all the help..

bob

5. Re: The Bay Club at Waikoloa ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 11, 2009