We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temps in early September?

Which Volcano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
33 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Temps in early September?

Hello:

We will be spending two nights in Volcano in early September 2009. The B&B that we will be staying at does not have AC. Should this be a matter of concern for us? I have a 10 year old who might be sensitive about sleeping in hot humid conditions.

Thanks so much for your guidance.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,963 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temps in early September?

No worries, Volcano is either cold or frigid. OK, it might be hot hiking in the crater or over the lava, but the Village is chilly due to the elevation, and the wind makes it more so.

Typically I arrive there in a tank top or T shirt and start freaking out and shivering when I get out of the car, and race to put on a sweater or windbreaker.

Most places in Volcano have fireplaces, unlike the low elevation areas of the island, where houses have no heating system.

Where else are you staying? Early September is just as hot as the hottest of summer; Volcano is a good choice.

2. Re: Temps in early September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, January 06, 2010