We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking flights Hawaii from outside USA

UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Booking flights Hawaii from outside USA

My wife and I are planning a trip and we are trying to book our own iterinary. We are having difficulty trying to book flights with Hawiian Airlines. They do not accept credit cards from outside of the USA, Canada or Australia. Has anyone any advise of how to overcome this problem

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,573 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking flights Hawaii from outside USA

This has been brought up before and I think the answer was you need to use a travel agent for those flights, it is Hawaiian airlines policy not to accept non North American credit cards.

Have you checked Aloha and GO! (Iflygo.com) or even Island Air for their credit card policy?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,573 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking flights Hawaii from outside USA

Here is the thread on how to do this, seems Island Air is the only carrier accepting cards outside the US but travelocity.uk works too.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29217-i268-k14044…

Volcano
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking flights Hawaii from outside USA

You might want to check on which airlines are affililated with Hawaiian Airlines. For instance, Lufthansa in Germany is affiliated with United Airlines in the U.S. , which is in turn affiliated with Hawaiian airlines, so you can still book flights with Hawaiian Airlines, just have to make the reservation via Lufthansa / United.

Their affiliation is in such way that the big airlines don't fly inter-island, so they hook up with one of the three airlines for the interisland flights. The only way to find out which airline is affiliate with which inter-island airline is to call the main airline you are trying to book with. You can then look up the inter-island flight you want and then book it together with your main tickets. Make sure when you look up rates you always get the rate code, usually found in the "policies" section.

The airlines flying inter-island in Hawaii are Aloha Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Island Air, and Go Airlines.

Hope this helps !

LoveVolcano

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking flights Hawaii from outside USA

United is code sharing with Aloha, not Hawaiian. I believe American Airlines is code sharing with Hawaiian but I could be wrong.

NH
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking flights Hawaii from outside USA

US AIRWAYS code shares with Hawaiian!

Planet Earth
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking flights Hawaii from outside USA

happybagger,

we've just returned to Europe after a vacation that included several interisland flights with different carriers (PW Express, Island Air, Aloha, Hawaiian), so I understand very well the problem. :)

Whenever we had similar problems with our credit cards, we booked through Orbitz. If I remember well, the service fee was less than 10 dollars for two tickets and booking was fast and smooth.

7. Re: Booking flights Hawaii from outside USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 08, 2009