We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keauhou Sea Cave: Rent or Tour?

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Keauhou Sea Cave: Rent or Tour?

My wife and I are going to be visiting the Big Island next month and we were wanting to see the sea caves near Keauhou Bay. I've seen a map online of where they are so it looks like something we can rent a kayak and do on our own. If so do they rent kayaks at the bay? Or would it be better to take a tour? I appreciate any suggestions.

Anelakai Adventures
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Night Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Eka Canoe Adventures
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Sea Paradise Tours
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
4 replies to this topic
Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keauhou Sea Cave: Rent or Tour?

I always think a tour is better for this type of activity, which ones are you considering?

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keauhou Sea Cave: Rent or Tour?

If I take a tour I was looking at Ocean Safari Kayak Adventures. Are you familiar with them, or have any other recommendations?

Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keauhou Sea Cave: Rent or Tour?

Has anyone done this tour with Ocean Safari? My family is looking into this for our Xmas vacation.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keauhou Sea Cave: Rent or Tour?

My wife and I did and had a great time. In the winter the waves can be a little rough so you may not be able to go into the sea cave, but we still had a good time. I enjoyed being able to jump off a cliff into the water, and they had some great snacks when it was time for a break. It was a fun experience, and I would do it again.

Reply to: Keauhou Sea Cave: Rent or Tour?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted