We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can we explore kahua ranch on our own?

Which Waimea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
can we explore kahua ranch on our own?

I mean can we go park our car and go hiking in the kahua ranch and explore it if we do not need a guide.plz let me know

LA
Level Contributor
9,326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: can we explore kahua ranch on our own?

Uh. Ever hear of private property?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: can we explore kahua ranch on our own?

OOps !..haha...i have no clue thats its a private property..thank u for the info.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,538 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can we explore kahua ranch on our own?

where did you hear of the ranch?? my friend used to work there, and i got to see it all..the hydro veges and plants , so beautiful..private property. and insurance.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can we explore kahua ranch on our own?

Anything that is not a designated park or historical monument is most likely going to be private property. Be careful about trying to hike on the Big Island in places that aren't signed as open to the public. There is a LOT of seemingly forest land or wilderness that is in fact private and off limits, even though it may not be signed Keep Out and it won't be fenced off either.

You are doing well to find this stuff out in advance ...

Kahua Ranch is a business, so just go to their website and look up what they offer to the public, if anything beyond the riding and the Evening at the Kahua Ranch. You can always email them too.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can we explore kahua ranch on our own?

Check them out on-line. Give them a call with questions. Stop by and chat with them. The folks there are very helpful and friendly.

Absolutely drop-dead gorgeous!

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can we explore kahua ranch on our own?

"OOps !..haha...i have no clue thats its a private property..thank u for the info."

That sure made me smile! :):):)

7. Re: can we explore kahua ranch on our own?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 23, 2012