We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huli Sue's Mauna Lani

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Huli Sue's Mauna Lani

Has anyone eaten here yet--are the prices reasonable--I read the reviews/menu for the first branch in wamiea but it's not in a resort so I would expect higher prices for the new one. Also where is it exactly?

Thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,850 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Huli Sue's Mauna Lani

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60588-d6738…

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Huli Sue's Mauna Lani

Well, Huli Sue's at the Mauna Lani recently revamped their menu to be much more "upscale" than their Waimea location (or the menu posted on the web at least). Drove there last night after a long flight to pick up something quick, and found something completely different than what I had expected.

There are a few BBQ items left on the menu, but they are trying to compete against the other resort area restaurants. (You know, the places where it's $40 and up per person...) They did do a takeout order for me based on the old menu --- which tells me the BBQ may have been smoked in Waimea, and then stored in the freezer for me to show up. Only one sauce remained. The meat was a little dry, but the mashed potatoes and corn pudding were good.

It's a nice area, but it looks like a golf course restaurant. Probably a good place for lunch, or an early supper...though you might enjoy an oceanside restaurant more. (I arrived an hour after sunset, so don't ask me what the view was...) Not as difficult as you might think to find; turn left at the Shops at Mauna Lani, then follow the signs to the golf course clubhouse.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,668 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Huli Sue's Mauna Lani

Thanks, Mike,

I was hoping they'd brought a touch of Waimea to the resort area, but it sounds like they brought resort to their menu.

14. Re: Huli Sue's Mauna Lani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 01, 2010