We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay that is not too expensive near Hapuna Beach on the Big Island? The hotels are just too costly for 8-10 days.

Thank you

Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Yes,would like to stay closest to Hapuna beach, Kohala coast as possible. Don't want to spend every day driving to the beach area. Just looking for something small and quaint. But has to be decent.

Carol

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Small, quaint and on the beach for $150 per night with amenities for your son in December. Well Hapuna might fit the bill, there is a nice pool there and the beach, if you can get that price thorough a priceline or orbitz tht would be my pic.

Waimea is out and out cold that time of year, even during the day I need a sweater and slicker in the winter.

You may have to give one of your things up.. on the beach or small and quaint or amenities... to fit your price range.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

I am not sure how to use Priceline? It seems a little difficult. I will look at Orbitz though. Would that not be for Americans only?

Carol

San Diego
Level Contributor
7 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

Paniolo Greens is a condo, just up the hill from Hapuna Beach at Waikoloa Village. The rates are reasonable. They have a small pool area and it's on a golf course

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

You should be fine using priceline. I typed in www.priceline.ca and was redirected to priceline.com -- but I found some posts on betterbidding.com about using priceline from Canada.

Priceline lets you bid for a low rate on a hotel. Check out their tutorial -- go to the site and click on "first time user" and they have a step-by-step explanation.

I think if you want a hotel, trying to get the Prince for $100 is your best bet -- there just aren't that many hotels around Hapuna Beach and "quaint" (as in mom and pop sort of place) isn't the word I'd use to describe any of them. The Prince isn't so huge, though, and should have the right mix of things for your son to do plus beach access.

16. Re: Small hotel near Hapuna Beach, Big Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 26, 2010