We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waimea Ranch House and the old Eidelweiss

Which Waimea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Waimea Ranch House and the old Eidelweiss

Does any of the local experts here have any updates on whats happening at either of these two restaurants?

I know Fujimama's is supposed to be moving in to Eidelweiss. I guess that's ongoing.

I notice that Waimea Ranch House is closed. Is that permanent? What's up?

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waimea Ranch House and the old Eidelweiss

sad but...both are gone forever.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waimea Ranch House and the old Eidelweiss

Fujimamas closed in Kona about a year(?) ago and they said they were relocating to the former Edelweiss building. It never happened. They didn't do well in Kona because the service was very inconsistent. They would not do well anywhere without addressing this issue, so I assume they just gave up.

PS. They own another restaurant in Waimea, serving BBQ style food.

Waimea
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Waimea Ranch House and the old Eidelweiss

We closed because the landlord was doubling the rent.

We have reopened in the old Edelweiss in Waimea. As all business owners on this island we struggle with staff. But I can say most confidently our current team in Waimea will supercede your expectations!

4. Re: Waimea Ranch House and the old Eidelweiss

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, June 03, 2009
Kawaihae, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waimea Ranch House and the old Eidelweiss

We ate at Fujimamas in Kona many times, and didn't have a problem with the service -- ever. It was always attentive, and the food was always tasty.

Fujimamas opened Monday (June 1) in its new Waimea location. Haven't been there yet, but will go very soon ... and I'll report back.

The Waimea Ranch House is closed, and a new restaurant, Pakini, has opened there. I have heard several reports that the food is bland and overpriced, but haven't sampled it myself yet either. I'm less motivated to dine there, but will share my opinion here when I do.

6. Re: Waimea Ranch House and the old Eidelweiss

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:46 am, December 01, 2009