We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more time.

Which Hilo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Davenport, Iowa
14 posts
Save Topic
One more time.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll try to get better on this site.

Anyway, my original question was on Keaau Place on the Big Island. Does anyone have any advice or information on this place?

The address is: Mauguesthouse.com

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,596 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: One more time.

Have you taken a look at the B&B options. Having a host is an excellent grounding for a solo visitor. At least I think so. What is your top nightly budget ? Hilo Bay Hale is running a $99 special.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: One more time.

If you have time, check out the tide ponds for some great snorkeling. The volcano is also only a short drive and well worth it. Honestly, Rainbow falls is a little boring. You literally can plan on being there for 20 min. If you have a car a drive up the east coast is also a lot of fun and some interesting places. Aloha!

Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
72 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: One more time.

If you are still looking for a place to stay in Hilo try the following link. It's very central, my wife and I stayed over the 2012/2013 new year and will return at Christmas this year. You will enjoy it.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,596 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: One more time.

rocafo, thanks for the interesting suggestion. I didnʻt know of this place. Some of the historic building details are very cool, and I sure like this shower tile design:

…wordpress.com/2012/05/img_6014.jpg

Iʻm trying to figure out which building it is, and the address is not helping. Can you tell me? Itʻs at 104A Kilauea, which is at the intersection of Mamo and Kilauea. Naung Mai Tai is 84, but the book store is 131, so no idea where 104 is.

This certainly is right in the thick of old downtown. I expect there is some street noise, but for walking around town it would be ideal. (For those who donʻt know the streets, Mamo is the farmerʻs market street, so a block from the market.)

15. Re: One more time.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 21, 2014