We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go To Bus 2 day tour Big Island and Mauii

Which Hilo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Natchitoches...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Go To Bus 2 day tour Big Island and Mauii

I would like some feedback as to whether or not this is a good tour for the money. We will be staying in Oahu June 8-15?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,977 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Go To Bus 2 day tour Big Island and Mauii

Do you have a link? I haven't heard of this one.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,592 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Go To Bus 2 day tour Big Island and Mauii

I haven't heard of it either but here's a link that I found: gotobus.com/honolulu-hi/…con_one_2

I wouldn't do this with a week long stay on Oahu ... instead, I would save my money and enjoy Oahu. Doing 3 islands in one week - with only 1 day each on Maui and the BI will be a 'grind'....esp. doing it as part of a tour.

I'm surprised they can fill these tours ... perhaps foreign visitors since they mention various languages in the "Additional Notes" section.

If you really want to go to one other island during your week on Oahu, suggest booking your own flights with Hawaiian Airlines and a rental car, and explore on your own. It's very easy to do ... and you won't be subjected to eating at restaurants that are the choice of the tour guide (meals are at your expense), or going to a Macadamia Nut Farm if that doesn't interest you, and sightseeing with a multitude of other people.

Ideally, if you are going to visit two islands, it's best to have 10 days, and to fly to one island and home from the other....perhaps do that on your next trip to Hawaii and focus on Oahu on this trip. 7 days will go fast, and you won't run out of things to enjoy there :)

Edited: 6:31 pm, May 11, 2012
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,977 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Go To Bus 2 day tour Big Island and Mauii

Thanks, Susan...your google beat out my bing! LOL

I kinda figure this was "one of those" tours. These really are aimed at tourists from other countries.

You only have a week so stick to Oahu...there is an amazing array of things to see and do on island and spending another $1000 bucks to be jammed on a bus and in/out of airports would be a waste of some spectacualr islands.

Edited: 8:20 pm, May 11, 2012
Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,669 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Go To Bus 2 day tour Big Island and Mauii

Living in Hilo area as I do, it amazes me that these big tour buses are filled up every single day, bunches of buses. Usually I see the bus on the road and not who is in it, but recently I had two days when I ventured to some scenic sights and encountered the buses.

Basically the tourists were almost all Japanese and speaking Japanese.

While I'm sure that is not always the case, that was my observation.

I wouldn't care to be on a bus tour, as every single place that has a photo op is then saturated with people taking turns getting their shots, and you can't see the sight without a mass of people in view.

For a better experience, take a smaller van tour or self-tour -- on a trip when you have time to do another island.

Natchitoches...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Go To Bus 2 day tour Big Island and Mauii

Thanks to all of you for your advise. This is what I needed to hear. I will skip other island tours and stay in Oahu.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,165 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Go To Bus 2 day tour Big Island and Mauii

I suggest you stay Oahu and reserve a car for at least one day. Drive around the island's beautiful east and north shores. You can get around in Honolulu on The Bus or take a taxi for a short distances.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Go To Bus 2 day tour Big Island and Mauii

"I'm surprised they can fill these tours ... perhaps foreign visitors since they mention various languages in the "Additional Notes" section."

You got that right! You would be surprised how many people come to Hawaii from Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and China to see three islands in five days! It's the culture there, it's more of a bragging right for home than real tourism.

8. Re: Go To Bus 2 day tour Big Island and Mauii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:43 pm, June 21, 2013