We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Molokai too?

memphis, tennessee
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Molokai too?

Hi,

I am planning a 10 night, 10 day trip to Hawaii with our 18 and 16 year old sons and husband. We know we want to see the Big Island and Kauai. We heard about the mule ride on Molokai and thought we would try to squeeze in a couple of days for that island too, (we did the mule ride in the Grand Canyon a couple of years ago and loved it!!). Are we trying to do too much? Should we just divide our days between just the 2 islands?

Thank you!

Central MN
Level Contributor
296 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Molokai too?

I also felt that the Molokai Mule Ride was the highlight of our trip to Molokai and Maui several years ago. We also took the ride with Pony Express into the bowels of Haleakala that trip (that was the 2nd favorite highlight of that trip). Yes, they were completely different experiences - loved them both.

Anyway, we stayed in Molokai for a few days - really the best way to experience it in my opinion. I think you should find an excuse to come back and spend a few days on Molokai on another trip. I think EVERYONE should experience that mule ride at some point in their lifetime :) I'd love to do it again.

12. Re: Molokai too?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 22, 2012