We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wind!

Which Hilo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis Mo
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wind!

We are at the So. tip of North kohala and the wind is blowing like crazy. If we drive down to kona will it be a little calmer?

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wind!

No wind in Kona at 3:10PM.

St. Louis Mo
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wind!

we're on the way!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wind!

Ah....kohala coast....Waik-a-blow-a is famous to 30 to 50 mph gales for weeks on end.

And yes I think in Kona we had a 3-4 mph breeze today

This is normal in Kona

St. Louis Mo
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wind!

I love Kona! Kohala is great for stargazing and beaches but today I thought this house would blow down. We drove into Kona and watched the sunset at the little park behind the harbor/marina. Nice!

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,974 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wind!

March can be very windy in South and North Kohala.

Hilo was beautiful today, the first really nice day all day in awhile.

isla, I wonder if you realize you started the last two topics in the Hilo forum ... whatever forum you are browsing, when you start a topic, it will end up there.

St. Louis Mo
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wind!

Sorry, I'm just forumly challenged! I guess I just got used to talking to all of you there or here! Thanks for pointing this out for me. We are back in missouri now. what a wonderful 14 days we had. i even miss Wake-a-blow-A!

7. Re: Wind!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, October 21, 2009