We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for an after-wedding informal party??

Which Teton Village hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Forest...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant for an after-wedding informal party??

We are looking to attend a small family wedding in the Grand Tetons next September (2012). The likely scenario is to have an afternoon wedding in the NP, then head back to Teton Village to change out of our wedding attire into something more comfortable and find a restaurant where we can spend the evening with food, drinks and some dancing. Any recommendations??

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for an after-wedding informal party??

Depending on the night of the week, check further at:

Silver Dollar Bar in Jackson: band, dancing, drinks and good food.

Cowboy Bar in Jackson: band, dancing and drinks, but just sandwiches.

Stagecoach in Wilson: band, dancing and drinks on Sundays.

Mangy Moose in Teton Village: band, food and drinks.

Granary Restaurant & bar near Jackson: excellent restaurant, drinks and dancing in the classy bar upstairs to the jazz trio on Fri and Sat nights. The bar is quite small.

Hendersonville, NC
Level Contributor
661 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for an after-wedding informal party??

Yes, I have a recommendation ... invite ME! LOL

Sounds like a wonderful time. What's the date? I'll be in GT Sept. 8 and 9 - if it's the same weekend, I'll look for some people dressed a little nicer than the rest of us. Will be a great addition to my photo album from the trip.

Cheers.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for an after-wedding informal party??

The only place with possible dancing is Mangy Moose in Teton Village if they have anything going on. Otherwise, you'll find yourself going to Jackson which is not a big deal but you'll have to arrange transportation to and from Jackson to TV, especially after a wedding.

Even after a few drinks, the police force will look for issues, and they don't have a lot of other crime to focus on. It’s good for everyone else that is driving sober, but it is focused on random drivers that drive erratically should there be any reason to pull them over. You don't want to find anyone in your party in a situation where they've had even a potential drink b/c Wy does have a forced blood draw situation. It sounds like I talk from experience LOL but I just read the police blogs in the paper and the newly adopted rule.

Not fun, and so avoidable w/a town w/a lot of transportation arrangements (limos/taxis etc).

Logan, Utah
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for an after-wedding informal party??

If you consider Moose-Wilson road you have two nice options and is not too far from Teton Village.

Calico's Italian restaurant has a the deck with a lawn next to it. Receptions have been here before. See if they have umbrella heaters since Sept nights will be chilly. Or just have the dinner indoors.

http://www.calicorestaurant.com/group.htm

Q Roadhouse also has private rooms up to 60. It's a BBQ joint.

http://www.qjacksonhole.com/

This one is in Jackson however:

The Snake River Grill has had receptions. Say 16 people at the table.

http://www.snakerivergrill.com/private.html

Lake Forest...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for an after-wedding informal party??

Thanks for your help. We've decided on staying closer to Jackson, as the wedding reception/dinner will be at the Spring Creek Ranch. Then we'll head into town and take Teton Bill's advice and dance the night away at the Silver Dollar Bar. Look for us on Sept. 15!!

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant for an after-wedding informal party??

Here's the Silver Dollar band schedule:

worthotel.com/dining-entertainment/…

If you're going to have a large group, you might want to call ahead and speak with Alicia, who is the Wort's food and beverage manager. They don't take reservations, but maybe she can help a little with your arrangements.

7. Re: Restaurant for an after-wedding informal party??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 10, 2013