We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain condition

Which Teton Village hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Mountain condition

Can we get regular updates from the locals about the quality of skiing this late in the season? We are planning a trip last week of March or possibly first week of April and are concerned about the slopes.

Exit 2 NJ
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mountain condition

Just got back from a week of skiing Saturday. Conditions not great. I have never been to JH where the ground was exposed in the winter. They do not have a lot of snow and it was in the upper 30's all week during the day and dropped to 18 at night. Someone mentioned Targee was fair as well.

So with that in mind the snow was slushy during the day and froze up at night. So you had crusty conditions in the am and slushy in the afternoon.

Unless they get a couple of big winter storms and the temps drop I don't see any improvement over what I just saw.

Spoke to a guy in the SLC airport who did Utah for the same week and he said it was the same there.

Think Snow!

2. Re: Mountain condition

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 28, 2009