We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheridan - nightlife on Friday or Saturday?

London, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Sheridan - nightlife on Friday or Saturday?

I am planning to be in Cody, Sheridan, Red Lodge on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday (in that order) the first week in October. I can change that around if I knew that Sheridan was 'not to miss' on a Saturday night for example? or Cody? not sure which nights are best spent in which towns. I am travelling solo and like to have a drink at a bar in the evenings and people watch, live music would be great! any advice?

3 replies to this topic
Michigan
Level Contributor
136 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheridan - nightlife on Friday or Saturday?

I'll be in Sheridan for 2 nights in September. I dont know of any night life to speak of. Maybe a couple of dusty cowboy bars. If we werent so many weeks apart I would certainly offer to buy you a drink. I am also a Lone Ranger..Hiking and shooting Photos

Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheridan - nightlife on Friday or Saturday?

I grew up in Sheridan and I can tell you that the nitelife is minimal. On a weekend night, you can go to the holiday inn where there is a bar/club that has modern music, dancing, decent drinks, and sometimes a comedy show. Other than that, there are bars on nearly every corner of main street, including the famous Mint bar, where as few movies have been filmed out of. To be honest, Sheridan is a wonderful, beautiful town, best enjoyed in the daylight, walking up and down mainstreet, checking out all of the shops and stores. A drive to dayton canyon might give you more of a thrill, as there is a natural trail alongside a rushing river. Though, its mostly locals, since tourists dont usually know about it.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,840 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheridan - nightlife on Friday or Saturday?

Cody has several places that offer evening entertainment, so I'd pick Cody for Saturday if you can arrange it that way. Here's some information to start with:

codywyomingnet.com/entertainment/nightlife.p…

Since you won't be arriving until October, however, some seasonal places may not be offering the same entertainment as they offer during the summer.

Reply to: Sheridan - nightlife on Friday or Saturday?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sheridan