We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Camping Nearby?

Which Sheridan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Public Camping Nearby?

We have been through Sheridan several times and always enjoyed the scenary and hospitality. This year we'll be traveling through town on our way to Glacier NP. We're traveling in a truck camper and would like to find a Forest Svc campground or something similar fairly close to the interstate. We would also do a private campground if it's not too expensive. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Camping Nearby?

Have you ever tried this wonderful website?

www.recreation.gov

You can search by location, type of camping and types of activities nearby. Some campsites even have advance reservations, and show you photos of the sites (others not so much).

I've used it frequently when visiting ares in MT or Idaho we aren't familar with.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Camping Nearby?

Here are the results when I plugged in Sheridan - but I only put in trailer camping. Other options will bring up more/less.

www.recreation.gov/homeLeft.do…

Edited: 3:03 pm, August 22, 2011
Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Camping Nearby?

Thanks for the prompt reply. I should have thought of recreation.gov - I've used it numerous times. Thanks for reminding me!

Wyoming
Level Contributor
281 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Camping Nearby?

There is a KOA directly off the interstate - 1st exit coming from the north, 3rd from the south.

5. Re: Public Camping Nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, January 26, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sheridan