We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to stay

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Topic
places to stay

What is the best place to stay in Laramie and also within 15 miles of Laramie? With our son going to school there next year we need to get prepared for frequent visits.

Thanks for any advice.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to stay

I would suggest either the Hampton Inn or the Days Inn, both in Laramie. Both are newer hotels (especially the Hampton Inn, which I believe was just built last year). The Hampton Inn offers a continental breakfast with both hot and cold items. It has an indoor pool and the rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The Days Inn is also a nice hotel that is about 5 years old. It also offers a continental breakfast, has an indoor pool, and has clean (and quiet) rooms. Either of these hotels would be a good choice. Hope this helps.

2. Re: places to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:46 am, March 03, 2006
Sheridan, wy
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to stay

I would agree that the Hampton Inn and the Days Inn are the nicest place to stay in Laramie. Last month a new hotel opened up called Amerihost. I don't know anything about it.

A Hilton Garden will soon be started with opening expected in 2007.

I would suggest making your reservations early for any event that you might be attending as hotel/motels fill up fast-especially for football weekends. Go Pokes!!

Wyoming
Level Contributor
41 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to stay

I live in Laramie (but grew up in IL) and would recommend The Comfort Inn or Hampton as they are much more accessible to the University. You might also treat yourself to a cabin at the Vee Bar Guest ranch--probably not much more than the hotels in town. It's about 15 miles out of town, and right on the river. Their meals are quite good. If you decide to do that ask to be in one of the older cabins. Wonderful ambience and well worth the drive.