We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family lodging in Jackson, WY

southeastern Mass.
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
family lodging in Jackson, WY

We are putting together a trip to Tetons/Yellowstone for our family of 5 next summer. We are planning on staying two nights in Jackson, and are looking for a good place to stay. Seems that fifth person really causes a problem! Since we've no intention of leaving one of the kids behind, looking for any advice on a place. We'd like to stay in one room/suite, and while I don't want to spend a fortune, don't necessarily need the cheapest place either. Any thoughts? Thanks

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family lodging in Jackson, WY

We stayed in the Elk River Inn. It was nice enough but don't know about 5 people. Jackson has a decent web site showing hotels.

We were there in July on a similar trip. We spent the first night in Jackson and went straight to Yellowstone. You might consider that as well. Yellowstone is phenomenal and Jackson isn't. Not sure what you'd do there for two days.

If you want, you can check our family web site. We put a lot of detailed planning information there. There's also trip reports and lots of pictures. Something there might stimulate interest on your part.

Good luck finding a room. This was just my wife and I so we didn't have that problem. There are several cabins in Jackson so maybe one of them would be big enough.

We're going back next July. We'll either stay at Signal Mountain Lodge in the Tetons or go straight to Yellowstone.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family lodging in Jackson, WY

The Best Western Inn in Teton Village has two very nice loft suites that I would highly recommend checking out. The one that we stayed in had a king bed and sofa bed on the lower level and queen bed (if I remember correctly) in the loft above. The other suite is similar but has two queen beds downstairs as opposed to a king bed. Both suites have fully equipped kitchenettes and fireplaces. If you have any questions about this hotel, please feel free to ask me.

Mentioned in this post
Teton Village
Teton Village
Jackson Hole, WY
southeastern Mass.
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family lodging in Jackson, WY

Thanks, Sac. I see that there are two Best Western in the Jackson area. One is called the Best Western Inn at Jackson Hole, which is the one I think you were talking about, and the Best Western Lodge at Jackson Hole. I'll look at both. Appreciate your advice!

Mentioned in this post
York, PA
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family lodging in Jackson, WY

Yes, it's the Best Western Inn at Jackson Hole in Teton Village, WY. The other Best Western is located in "downtown" Jackson. I also wanted to clarify that the bed in the loft is a king-sized bed, not a queen-sized bed. I must have gotten it confused with the queen-sized sofa bed. Do be aware that the Best Western Inn is an older hotel that doesn't have an elevator. The two lofted suites are the only thing really special about this hotel. We enjoyed having a large room to spread out as well as the kitchenette. We stayed at the hotel towards the end of a two-week trip out west and were so happy to have a kitchen to make food as fast food and dining at chain restaurants was starting to get old quick! The loft is nice if you have family members who like to get up earlier (or go to bed at a different time) than others. They can watch tv upstairs in the loft and not disturb those below who may be sleeping. Vice versa, the people downstairs can get up whenever they want and those in the loft can stay sleeping for as long as they please. The only negative thing about the loft is that the steps leading to the loft are tricky spiral steps, which can really be a pain if you have to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night! We had a lot of fun in Jackson and would recommend seeing the "shootout" in Jackson's square held at 6:30 PM Monday thru Saturday during the summer months. The Grand Teton National Park is beautiful and if you have the time and money, you might want to partake in a float trip. This is a great way to view the scenery as well as have an expert tell you about the sights and wildlife you see as you gently float down the river. There are many reliable companies that offer float trips of various lengths. Just a two-hour trip is a good way to see the scenery and wildlife without tieing up your whole day. Again, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Mentioned in this post
Teton Village
Teton Village
Jackson Hole, WY
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: family lodging in Jackson, WY

What do you mean there is nothing to do in Jackson Hole? You can take the chair lift to the top at Snow King, Visit the Mangy Moose in Teton Village, wander around downtown, see the elk arch, co the Nat'l Museum of Wildlife Art (Wonderful!) Eat at Bubba's bar-b-que, go into Teton and go up Signal Mt., eat lunch at the Signal Mt. Inn, take a raft trip down the Snake River, Do the slide at Snow King, hike in the Tetons, look for wildlife etc. Get a tour book and look at the places - they willnot be cheap in the Summer but there is alot of choice. Also Teton Village is worth a look - it is a ski resort but nice in the Summer too. Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Teton Village
Teton Village
Jackson Hole, WY
York, PA
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family lodging in Jackson, WY

I totally agree. There are plenty of things to do in the area. Downtown Jackson has a lot of neat shops and the shootout at 6:30 during the summertime. Teton Village has the aerial tram (might be closing soon so enjoy it while you can) as well as the Mangy Moose that the previous poster mentions. Then there is the Grand Teton National Park and the float trip that I mentioned in an earlier post. I don't think that you will have trouble finding things to do in Jackson.

Mentioned in this post
Teton Village
Teton Village
Jackson Hole, WY
7. Re: family lodging in Jackson, WY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 23, 2009