We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestion

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestion

My wife & I will be spending two nights in Jackson soon and I was wondering if someone could suggest a restaurant for dinner. I know there are lots of restaurants listed on TA. We are not looking for an up market "Fine dining" place nor a "Burger" type place just a regular restaurant that serves good, home cooked, food reasonably priced !

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,662 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestion

I'd suggest Café Genevieve, Merry Piglets, Nani's, and Sweetwater. If you want to go a step higher and get great steaks (bison or beef), then consider the Gun Barrel, White Buffalo, and Cowboy Steakhouse.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,703 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestion

Cafe Genevieve, Sweetwater Restaurant, The Blue Lion (affordable for early bird eating), Lift and Sidewinders all come to mind with middle of the road prices, not "fine dining" but good home cooked food, casual and interesting atmospheres.

The first two are log cabin restaurants, Lift has a great rooftop deck and Sidewinders is a good old American Sports Bar with a huge menu.

Here is a link to Jackson's dining guide so you can look at menus ahead of time:

http://www.jhdiningguide.com/restaurants/

(Saw TB's post after this was posted). FYI "High End dining in Jackson Hole might mean expensive food, but you rarely have to worry about dressing up. Jeans are fine if that was one of your concerns. We are casual here.

Edited: 5:43 pm, September 09, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
34,313 posts
499 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestion

We love the Gunbarrel.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,190 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suggestion

We enjoyed Snake River Brewpub and none of us had a burger or anything fancy, but did have really good food. They have $8 lunch specials too, the turkey cran pesto wrap was awesome! http://www.snakeriverbrewing.com/

5. Re: Restaurant suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, September 11, 2015