We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle service?

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
92 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
shuttle service?

My family is coming to Jackson next summer and we usually like to walk to towns like this from our hotel location. So I am thinking of staying at the Wyoming inn or The Lodge at Jackson and am curious about the shuttle system. How often, how reliable, free I think? Thanks!

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shuttle service?

Hello,

Here is the link http://www.startbus.com/

Summer schedules and stops will be posted closer to that season - and yes, within town it is free. It is very reliable usually w/buses every 1/2 hour or so - however, for late night travel after 10, you'll need to hire a cab.

I'm assuming you will have a car though? Otherwise, how would you get around the National Parks? Parking in town IMHO is really not all difficult because they have put up a parking garage.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,425 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shuttle service?

Neither property is within what I'd consider walking distance to downtown.

Edited: 12:11 pm, November 29, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
92 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shuttle service?

We will have a car but I was unsure of the parking situation in town.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,425 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shuttle service?

Downtown get crowed during the summer, but there's a lot of on-street parking, all of it free. There are also 3 large, free parking lots at the north, south and east end of downtown, each just a few minutes walk to the center of town. So even in the peak of the summer, you should be able to find parking.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
92 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shuttle service?

just booked buckrail lodge. pricey lodging in that town!

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,425 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shuttle service?

Good choice; 2/3 of a mile from downtown and a pleasant walk.

7. Re: shuttle service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 03, 2014