We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing at Jackson Hole

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tabernacle, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Skiing at Jackson Hole

We are planning a trip this winter and will be going with another couple. Only 3 of us are skiers so I thought it would be best to stay in the town of Jackson, rather than a ski in ski out condo, so the non skier could do more during the day. Is it a long drive to the Mts and most important, is it a hassle driving there? Appreciate any thoughts?

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,149 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing at Jackson Hole

From Jackson to Teton Village is about a 15 minute drive. There's a satellite parking area, with shuttle buses to Mountain Resort. Driving to the parking area from Jackson shouldn't be a problem. You can also take a bus from Jackson for a modest charge.

Lebanon, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing at Jackson Hole

Three people in a car gets you free parking in the Ranch Lot at the Village. :) Otherwise, it's $5. The closer lots are pricier.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
3 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing at Jackson Hole

Jackson is one of the few places where I believe it is better to stay in town vs slopeside. (but Teton Village has some fun places) We are going back in February and I can not wait!

We stayed at the Wort hotel last time, and because we loved it and the location, we are staying there again. Town is fun so stay as close to the main part of town as possible! I enjoyed just walking down the street to the main part of town. Lots of fun bars, shops and restaurants. Most hotels have a shuttle up to the lifts, about 15 minutes. Also the city bus is easy and I learned quickly to cruise around on that, including going up to the lifts too. There is a lot to do for a non skier. Make sure you include snowmobiling into Yellowstone (an amazing bucket list day for me), The Elk Reserve, Museum of western Art for a start...and the skiing is great too!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
31 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing at Jackson Hole

In the winter I would prefer to stay in Teton Village at the mountain. This would make it a lot easier for the 3 skiers in the group. There are a few outdoor activities the non-skier can do at the mountain plus it is an easy ride to town for shopping. If you are at the mountain you could also meet for lunch or end of day drinks. The Teton Village is also a good starting point if they plan to do things like snowmobiling, etc. Of course there are some great hotel such as the Four Seasons and Snakeriver Lodge. Just another POV.

Jackson, Wyoming
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiing at Jackson Hole

If you will stay in Town there are more things to do.

A lot of stores, bars restaurants.

There is some night life also.

And it is more affordable staying in town, then Teton Village due to lower prices on rentals.

6. Re: Skiing at Jackson Hole

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 11, 2014