We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jackson accommodation

Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
jackson accommodation

Hi can anyone tell me how far in advance will I need to book accommodation in jackson? I have all my accommodation booked for yellowstone and grand teton so just have to book our last night in jackson close to the airport was looking at elk country inn, would you recommend booking it now there is room on booking.com for 140 euro, there seems to be alot of other hotels already booked for my dates so would like to get booked will there be any offers nearer time or is it best to have booked now?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,975 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jackson accommodation

Hotels in general in Jackson are pricey. We have paid anywhere from $139 to $325 per night for lodging.

Lebanon, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jackson accommodation

When are you traveling? During the summer, yes, you absolutely need to book far in advance. Winter, yes, still a good idea. Shoulder seasons not as much.

Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jackson accommodation

hi we are traveling in august 2014, I have now booked our last night in elk county inn. how long in advance would you suggest booking car hire when would you most likely get best deals?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,975 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jackson accommodation

Probably get the best deal if book thru a European/English consolidator. There are many on the road trip forum who can give you info on that- Sussexworldtraveler or Valiantsontour.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jackson accommodation

hi, I booked about 3 days ago same place in late Aug 2014 using booking.com my rate is the same but no breakfast as I booked a refundable rate (no charge if cancelled before 14days of arrival - no deposit charged). Read the reviews both on booking.com & tripadvisor all sounds good. Also its important to read the fine print re cancelling some say 48hrs before arrival, re Elk its upto 14 days before...quite a difference. Best to book now if its fully refundable then check closer to the date if others come available at a cheaper rate. ps I booked a queen room with 2 queen beds for your rate, this includes all taxes. Good luck.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jackson accommodation

sorry didn't read your 2nd post..you already booked Elk. might see you there.

7. Re: jackson accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 24, 2014