We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biking in Teton National Park

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chandler, AZ
9 posts
Save Topic
Biking in Teton National Park

I had previously asked about the scenic "drive" thru the park but was dissapointed to learn most of the roads were still closed until May 1, However if I understand correctly most of the park is available via Bike? Does this mean the roads are plowed and bikeable? Also will we be able to access Mormon Row/Antelope Flats area via Bike?

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biking in Teton National Park

Hi,

Yes, the inside park road is plowed and open to bikes, roller bladers, walkers etc. It is a great experience. Recent snow storms can make the roads not bikable until a plow is able to access it again, but many times, they may just let it melt naturally, especially if it is late in the season. I am not sure when they start plowing or if it will be complete when you arrive. However, given that we haven't had a much snow as in the past, it will probably be fine.

The Antelope Flats road is gravel/dirt if I recall. It is probably not plowed......but I"m not sure. I would think it would be messy unless we have some pretty warm and/or windy days. The area around there is frequented by Bison a lot. Bison love to charge cyclists so if you are in the area of Kelly, be aware of this in advance.

Are you bringing your bikes or do you need to rent them?

Chandler, AZ
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Biking in Teton National Park

Hi we will be needing to rent bikes can suggest a place?

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biking in Teton National Park

The park won't be plowing those roads this year due to budget cuts. So bikers will have to depend on snowmelt and good weather.

4. Re: Biking in Teton National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 14, 2014