We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildlife Tours

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Half Moon Bay...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Wildlife Tours

We are coming to Jackson next week and looking for activities. We are a family of 6 with teenagers that are active and I am trying to figure out if this would be a good activity for us. Looking at the things to do, wildlife tours seem really popular. Are they really that great? I know we are coming up during a really hot portion on the season and sitting in a van for most of the day does not seem like a lot of fun for the family. I am sure it is great if you are able to see lots of wildlife, is there anything else I am missing?

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,149 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildlife Tours

The wildlife tours take the guess work out of finding wildlife. For example, yesterday I drove out to Antelope Flats to visit a ranch. A week ago, there were several hundred bison out there; yesterday I didn't see any. I can only guess where they went off to, but a wildlife tour probably keeps up with this information. In addition, their guides are very knowledgeable. If you want to learn something about wildlife, this is a good opportunity.

Lebanon, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildlife Tours

I agree. We did a tour with a park ranger out of the visitor center in Moose about two years ago. We all drove our own cars in a little convoy and the ranger led us right to all the animals, had spotting scopes to share, provided some education, and, as Bill said, took the guesswork out of the equation. We saw elk, beavers, antelope, and bison. This particular tour went from dusk until dark.

Check out the park newsletter: www.nps.gov/grte/parknews/newspaper.htm and stop by the visitor centers to see if special programs are being offered. And, of course, there are always the commercial tours where they drive you around.

Half Moon Bay...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wildlife Tours

Sounds good. We will give it a try!

4. Re: Wildlife Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, August 20, 2013