We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moulton Barn

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Moulton Barn

Has anyone ever attended a wedding @ or in front of Moulton Barn? Was wondering about the site in September.

Lebanon, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moulton Barn

I've seen pictures of some very small ceremonies there. You have to go through the Grand Teton National Park service to make arrangements for wedding ceremonies on park property. It will be very restrictive: no chairs, no decorations, no tossing anything, no sound amplification, etc. If you are willing to deal with the restrictions, it is a gorgeous location and September weather is usually great but temperatures can vary wildly and can't be guaranteed.

Here's the link to the park service's information about weddings in the park:

www.nps.gov/grte/planyourvisit/weddings.htm

I'm not sure if the Moulton Barn is an approved location for wedding ceremonies. It could be people have just done it - "Reynolds style" - and hoped not to get caught. Personally, I wouldn't want to risk it.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,651 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moulton Barn

What about the Chapel of the Transfiguration for the wedding. I have no idea about how that would work, but it is a church and in a lovely setting. Perhaps the link that bostowyo gave on weddings in the park will have info on that location as well. Then you could go to the barn for some wedding photos.

When we were in GT last fall, there was a professional photog taking family portraits at Moulton Barn. I would expect that the pros would know if there are any special requirements for setting up a photo shoot.

3. Re: Moulton Barn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, June 19, 2013