We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help again...

Texas
Level Contributor
136 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Need help again...

The townhome in Teton Pines I thought we had rented for our September trip was rented out from under us by the jerk owner. What are the location differences between Aspens and Teton Pines? Can you walk to cafes/shops from both places? Any specific recommendations?

Lebanon, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help again...

The Aspens and Teton Pines are right next to each other. Teton Pines is probably just a touch more upscale than the Aspens but it probably really depends on the individual unit. Teton Pines is the golf course and the Aspens is probably a little more wooded overall. You can definitely walk to the stores and shops in Teton Pines from either. Teton Pines has a nice restaurant in the clubhouse, there's also a good sushi place: http://www.sudachijh.com/index.php, the Aspens market and deli (lots of organic products) http://aspensmarketjh.com/, a coffee shop elevatedgroundscoffeehouse.com/Location.html, etc. You can easily ride a bike to Teton Village or to Wilson from there for even more options.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help again...

Had you given him a deposit and he still rented it out from under you?

I would prefer the Aspens over Teton Pines. The units are usually renovated but every unit differs. They are pretty much in the same spot, except in the Aspens you'll be further away from Dick Cheney then you would in the springs.

PA
Level Contributor
170 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help again...

Bluebird

I noticed a Cheney Lane when we drove through the Wilson area. We wondered if the former VP was in the area. Cute comment about his location relative to the Aspens. We will be staying in the Aspens, so my husband appreciates being futher away!

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help again...

VP lives in Teton Pines (I keep referencing Teton Springs in error).. I don't have a problem with him really, but if you do, you can pick Aspens over the the Pines :). He's a pretty regular guy. Last summer I was sitting in traffic at the Town Sq, I looked over, he's right next to me opposite direction, waiting in traffic in the driver's seat of his SUV, window down, arm hanging outside the window. I just thought it was comical. I could have reached out to shake his hand. Probably would have caught him off guard and probably wouldn't have been appreciated LOL.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,786 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help again...

Mr. Cheney is highly regarded in Wyoming, and it's always a pleasure to bump into him in town.

Texas
Level Contributor
136 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help again...

Thanks for the help. We've narrowed it down to a Teton Pines townhome or a Moose Creek townhome in Teton Village. Any input on these two choices?

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
205 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help again...

I am not familiar with the Moose Creek units you mention, but in general Teton Village has more critical mass, and is more of a community, or "village". There is a fairly large selection of restaurants (mostly in the hotels) and a variety of activities available at your doorstep. There is a small store here but not much in the way of groceries. There are some retail stores for shopping and the views vary depending on your unit. Teton Pines is a country club with some large houses, some lodging units and a small commercial zone up front, housing a restaurant and bank and a few other business. The Pines (as it is referred to locally) is a gated community, it is quiet and reserved with virtually no hustle or bustle. The Pines is a little closer to town and the Village a little closer to GTNP via moose-wilson road. The best store in the area for supplies is at The Aspens, next door to the Pines, and about 5-6 highway miles from the village. Comparing the two is Apples to Oranges in my opinion. So it just depends on what you want.

8. Re: Need help again...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:40 am, June 20, 2013