We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging for family of 4 this summer?

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
420 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging for family of 4 this summer?

The more I read, the more confused I get!! We will be staying in August, family of 4 (5 and 8 year old) visiting for the first time at the end of our GNP/YS trip. 1 or 2 nights, not sure.

Please please help with lodging advice. Thinking about $200-300-"ish" per night, but I'd prefer that to include taxes and such only because we'll be finishing up a 2 week trip. I'd like for us to do whatever it is we should do when visiting Jackson but I'm sure the town shootout would be fine and possibly the tram ride (not yet sure what else there is). Undecided if a pool is important.

Does any of this information help? I would be extremely appreciative of any advice. Thank you so much.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging for family of 4 this summer?

If you use a site like Kayak, you should be able to find about a dozen motels in that price range within easy walking distance to the center of Jackson. Some will have pools.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,610 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging for family of 4 this summer?

Try the Lexington Inn, Rustic Inn or Wyoming Inn. I think your family would like those. We've used Jackson Hole as our base for visiting the Grand Tetons. If time do a float trip in the park on the Snake River for awesome scenery and wildlife- we like Barker Ewing.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
420 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging for family of 4 this summer?

Thanks for the tips. I have read about a lot of hotels and read the reviews, but having never been there, I was just trying to see why certain ones were more favorable than others so thanks for the recommendations.

Miami,FL
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging for family of 4 this summer?

Me and wife stayed on Cowboy village resort ( highly recommended ) ... Great place , cheap ,clean with nice staff . These are cabins with full kitchen, microwave , small freezer , which could be an advantage when traveling with kids .

Also a very warm pool and spa , laundry room ,

My cabin was 1 bedroom but Im sure they have bigger cabins ,

Isn't a big resort , no luxury, nicely rustic , not crowded , plenty of parking next to your cabin

Check my pictures to see the place .

BTW go to see the Elk refugee , your kids will love it ( dress warm )

Plenty to do while you are visiting . we spend 4 days and wasn't enough . planing a week for next time .

Moran, Wyoming
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging for family of 4 this summer?

Your $200-$300 is a good number to start with in Jackson Hole. At the end of 2 weeks you may be strapped for cash! The Pony Express is newly renovated with nice rooms, kitchenettes and a pool. It is about a mile from the town square and should be less than $200.00. A block closer to the square is the Wyoming Inn, much more upscale and probably $300+ but super nice!

The Tram is fun! You might consider the Bar J Chuckwagon or the Bar T 5. Your kids would love either! The Bar J has better entertainment and the Bar T 5 has better food. Both great fun.

The Alpine Slide at Snow King Resort is perfect for your kids ages. I'm all grown up and I like it too! Make time to go to Jenny Lake and take the boat ride across the lake. Hikes all over!

Miami,FL
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging for family of 4 this summer?

Upss Sorry I didnt realize you was staying in Summer ... forget what I said about the elk refugee and dress warm ... anyway have fun

Edited: 4:50 pm, January 31, 2012
7. Re: Lodging for family of 4 this summer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, March 27, 2013