We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Town of Jackson

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
26 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Town of Jackson

I cannot find a website one that can tell me specific information about Jackson Wyoming. I would like to know exactly what the town offers as in movies, restaurants and attractions. Can someone help me with this? I also hear parking is difficult in town.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Town of Jackson

It depends on the time of year you go to Jackson. And yes parking is a pain in the arse. They mark the back of your tires with white or blue chalk and if they can see the mark they ticket you. And I think they check every 2 hours which stinks. There is 1 theater in Jackson that shows decent movies. Tons of resteraunts depends on the flavor you are looking for. Teton Village is also a great alternative to lodging and dining. The Mangy Moose and Alpenhoff resteraunts are both yummmie. Also if you take the back road from Teton Village to the park itself you have a good chance of seeing black bears and elk in the evening. Theres a great little pond(beaver dam) to watch for birds.

http://www.jacksonholenet.com/

Hope this helps.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
26 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Town of Jackson

Is there paid parking anywhere in the town? I am assuming they will chalk tires and only allow you to park in town for a specific time?

We will be in Jackson June 18 through the 23. We plan on doing two days in Yellowstone, maybe a day in Grand Teton and the rest rafting, touring Jackson and the mountains. Does that seem an okay itinerary. We are also staying at Days Inn. Do you know much about that hotel?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Town of Jackson

The Days Inn is a decent hotel. Its a bit from the main part of town so you will need to drive your vehicle to the downtown area. You can also check to see if they offer a shuttle of some sort.

http://www.daysinnjacksonhole.com/

That sounds like a great plan. You will enjoy rafting. You can raft either in the park or out of the park its your choice just make sure to specify. For the white water I'd say out of the park. Baker Euwing(sp?) is a good outfitter. When I was there I know its cheating but when they'd chalk our vehicle I'd just roll the car forward or back about 5 inches or so to cover the chalk space. Only do this once or they do notice. Then just change spots. Or whipe it off if no one was looking. Shush don't tell any one ;)

I think there are a few areas around the square that are meetered but thoses go quickly. I think they are infront of the antler arches. If you don't mind walking I'd suggest parking on a non major road a block or two away from Broadway and walk. They use to not check vehicles in that area but I don't know about now.

There are tons of great shops. There is an awsome ice cream parlor on one of the side steets either Gill or Deloney. Forget the name but they also make good sandwiches for a good price. Make sure to have a hamburger at Billy's its right next door to the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar which by the way has live music on Fri and Sat. Make sure you go to the Museum its up on the hill on the left hand side as you head out of town past the elk refuge past the dairy queen.

Any more questions just hollar.

Oxfordshire UK
Level Contributor
200 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Town of Jackson

HI Dragonflylady

I have also been reading your comments as we will be in Jackson the 18th - 20th June. Have made notes of all your suggestions. These tips are very useful to overseas visitors with limited amount of time to see everything. Before Jackson we will have spent 5 days in Yellowstone and 2 days in the Tetons. Thanks

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Town of Jackson

Hi Burford

If you have any specific questions ie lodging, resteraunts ect... Just hollar. Will be glad to lend a hand.

Powhatan, Virginia
Level Contributor
421 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Town of Jackson

Check out jacksonholenet.com and the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce. Because of the limited parking, they have a shuttle service. I didn't know about it our last trip so we walked A LOT (Aug 2001) We're heading back June 1-11 -- celebrating 22nd anniversary out there. Snake River Grille is very nice restaurant which we just happened upon our last trip. We also enjoyed the Bunnery. Visited there every trip. We also went to Jedediah's and would return. Enjoy! Since I'll be back before you leave, I'll add an update when I return.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Town of Jackson

Just to clarify-

The parking places in a two block radius of the town square have a two hour time restriction. Two blocks north of the town square is a large (free) parking lot with provision for parking even motor homes and busses. Restroom and info facility at this location.

One block east of the town square is a free parking lot. Two blocks south of the town square is a free parking lot. A new parking facility is in the works next to the new Center for the arts. You may park on the street anywhere in town outside of the 2 block radius all day free.

There are free town shuttles that run from one end of town to the other every 15 minutes. These shuttles stop in front of the Days Inn. They also stop at all the free town parking lots.

There are bicycles that that have been donated, rehabilitated, painted bright yellow and placed in stategic places around downtown. You may use these bicycles free. Just drop them off at one of the bike racks when you're finished.

The START Bus(South Teton Area Rapid Transit)runs thru town on the half hour providing service to outlying areas, ie. Teton Village. Cost is $2.00.

There are 5 movie theaters in town.

Posted below are links that should provide a start, including a link to the Jackson Hole Dining Guide, which contains the menus for most of the restaurants in the area.

jacksonholewy.net/entertainment/jh_dining_gu…

www.focusproductions.com/HTML/diningguide.htm

http://www.jacksonholenet.com/

http://www.jacksonholechamber.com/

http://www.startbus.com/

Please remember that Jackson is a town of about 5,000 year round residents that tries hard to acommodate the 3,000,000 people that pass thru each summer.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Town of Jackson

Thanks JHScott its about time someone in JH started posting here. I haven't been there in a few years so its good to get updated info. Thanks ;)

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
26 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Town of Jackson

wow, excellent information, I sure do appreciate it.

New Jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Town of Jackson

I was in Jackson at same time of year, mid-June, in 2005 and it was great. The Teton Film Festival was going on at the one movie theater in town. I didn't find parking to be a problem. Everyone should check out the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar. For breakfast we liked The Bunnery just north of townsquare. Good multi-grain pancakes. Have a good time.