We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

49er Hotel

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
49er Hotel

I've read the reviews of the 49er hotel in Jackson. Does anyone else have anything good to say about this hotel/motel??? We are staying here in February.

Mentioned in this post
Jackson
Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
55 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 49er Hotel

We just returned this week from a wonderful snowy trip to Jackson. We stayed at the 49'er in 1998, when the large, king suites building was new. Keep in mind, we did not stay in the original, older part of the 49er, we were in the brand new (in 1998) section that had a king bed, fireplace and a room divider between the sitting area and the bed. We were very pleased with it at that time.

Last week, we stayed at the Rusty Parrot Lodge & Spa which is the #1 rated hotel in Jackson. Yes, it is upscale/pricey, but wonderful with gourmet breakfasts included and baked goods/hot teas in the afternoons.

We asked many others where they were staying and if they liked it. Some of the choices were Wyoming Inn, Best Western Lodge, Wort Hotel, Parkway Inn. If you prefer more upscale, then consider the Rusty Parrot Lodge, Snake River Lodge or Four Seasons. Did your research come from Trip Advisor for hotels in Jackson-I would say those listed in the top 10 would be suitable.

Many of the hotels/motels are older buildings but as long as they are clean, sometimes they can be "quaint".

Have you been to Jackson before? There are so many great restaurants!!

Mentioned in this post
Jackson
Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Rusty Parrot Lodge and...
770 Reviews
Jackson, WY
Wyoming
Wyoming
United States
The Wort Hotel
The Wort Hotel
641 Reviews
Jackson, WY
Parkway Inn
Parkway Inn
747 Reviews
Jackson, WY
Snake River Lodge and Spa
Snake River Lodge and Spa
771 Reviews
Teton Village, WY
Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 49er Hotel

I stayed at the 49er about three years ago, and it was perfectly satisfactory. The room in which I stayed appeared to have been recently refurbished, was sizeable, comfortable, and extremely convenient to the town square. I am actually returning to Jackson in March, and would have gladly returned to the 49er, but my package deal has me staying elsewhere. Anyways, I found the 49er to be an excellent value for a very clean and comfortable room. I do not think you will be disappointed!

Mentioned in this post
Jackson
Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY
Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 49er Hotel

Just came back from Jackson and stayed at the 49'er Inn with the Hubby! OMG- was the room spacious. It was just ok, not anything fancy by any means. It suited us well, given that this hotel was paid for by work! The give a complimentary breakfast and if I were you, just skip it! It isn't all that and we actually had some stomach discomfort from it.

The view to Snow King Mt was excellent from our room. We actually we near the shops, rest and the hiking. It's a great family place to be since it is so spacious and also have the luxuries of a fridge, microwave and sink area. Just bring the frozen meals! We would definatley recommend this place.

Mentioned in this post
Jackson
Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY
Snow King Resort Hotel and Condos
Snow King Resort Hotel...
1,348 Reviews
Jackson, WY
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 49er Hotel

We stayed here two nights last September on our way to Big Sky.

We had a large room with fridge, tv and a large fireplace. There was wood outside for the fire. There are doors to the room from the inside and outside corridors. We found it clean, convenient to Jackson Square and the staff were friendly.

The complimentary breakfast is at a Mexican restaurant next door and consisted of boiled egss, muffins, fruit, juice, coffee and tea. Adequate unless you like a huge breakfast.

I would stay there again.

Mentioned in this post
Big Sky
Big Sky
Montana
5. Re: 49er Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, August 16, 2009