We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whitewater rafting in Jackson hole

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
whitewater rafting in Jackson hole

Our daughter ( aged 26 ) wants to experience whitewater rafting for the first time whilst in JH the 1st week in September. Can anyone recommend an outfitters . Many thanks , all the way from England !

old forge
Level Contributor
58 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whitewater rafting in Jackson hole

used sands whitewater located in jackson on aug6th. highlight our trip. they take pics for a fee.

NH
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whitewater rafting in Jackson hole

My family and extended family went on several white water rafting excursions during the past week. We all used the Barker-Ewing company and were all very happy with our trips. Two local companies took pictures on the trip and you could then purchase the photos for a fee. My cousin who had lived in Jackson recommended this company. Have a fabulous visit to JH! What a beautiful place.

Lebanon, Oregon
Level Contributor
264 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whitewater rafting in Jackson hole

Jackson Hole whitewater offers a combination scenic float and whitwater trip lasting approx. 7 hours, which includes lunch.

california
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whitewater rafting in Jackson hole

used charley sands on the snake river they are good. the rapids in late august were very few and long stretches of boring flat water. except big kahuna rapid which is getting bigger. the yellowstone river near gardiner, montana was mostly riffles and flat water used montana whitewater who are not as good as charley sands in jackson hole. my 2cents been rafting since 1992 yearly.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
205 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: whitewater rafting in Jackson hole

Lewis & Clark is great. They have the smallest boats available in the area (for a more intimate on-river experience). Also, they're a smaller company with really friendly staff. They have combo trips, and really cheap breakfast trip (breakfast at their office) and a free riverside steak dinner trip.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: whitewater rafting in Jackson hole

We have been rafting every summer for like 20 years with Sands. . . I think all the rafting companies are probably really great, but we have been very happy with Sands:-)