We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities and guides in May

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
413 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Activities and guides in May

Staying in Jackson Hole last week of May for 6 nights. Has anyone had experience with the white water companies and the guides for Yellowstone and the area.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities and guides in May

I can't speak regarding white water companies, but a tour of Yellowstone, yes. Last July a friend and I toured Yellowstone with Callowishes Touring company

307 413 5483. We met in Jackson and Cal drove us all thru Yellowstone. He has a comfortable van, is very knowledgeable about the area, and is the most fun.

My friend said it was the best day of her life. Yellowstone is amazing and having someone point out wildlife, flor and fauna, plus do the driving is worth every penny. I believe it was around $100 per person, but with fuel prices this year it may be more. I highly recommend Cal, he's the best.

Jackson, WY
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities and guides in May

May is a great time of year to come and the white water rafting should be amazing this season with the snow pack. The Snake River outside Jackson Hole is definitely the best rafting in the Yellowstone/Grand Teton National Park area. There are a lot of good rafting companies, but I always recommend Dave Hansen Whitewater (www.davehansenwhitewater.com) when I have friends and family in town and everyone always comes back with rave reviews about the trip. Have a great trip out here.

3. Re: Activities and guides in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 27, 2009