We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August Lodging Question

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Topic
August Lodging Question

My wife and I and our 1 year old daughter will be traveling to yellowstone and then on to Grand Teton National Park in August. We have already settled on lodging for yellowstone, but we need to find someplace to stay for 3 nights to see Grand Teton National Park. The 2 places that jumped out at us for our situation and price range are Snake River Lodge and Spa and Teton Mountain Lodge. How do these 2 resorts compare to one another? Is one in a better location? Is one more family friendly? Is there someplace else we should consider instead? Thank you.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,615 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August Lodging Question

We stayed at the Wyoming Inn last May. Very family friendly and had snacks at night and a great full breakfast each morning. It was affordable because we booked through AAA. Where are you staying in Yellowstone? West Yellowstone or in the National Park?

alabama
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: August Lodging Question

it depends on what you want. the two places you mention are not downtown. does that mean anything to you? staying around the square is a must imo. there are lots of options & the shops are really great. each night they have the shootout on the square which is always fun to watch.

teton village is also nice & there are lots of things to do out there. you are about 10 miles from downtown though.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: August Lodging Question

It is most important to us to be near the national park and in an upscale lodging facility. With a 1 year old who is not fond of loud noise, a shootout does not sound like a relaxing experience :) though I have heard wonderful things about the square. We are there mostly for the sightseeing and hiking and wildlife viewing of the parks. Thank you.

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August Lodging Question

Take a look at Jackson Lake Lodge. We liked it enough to go back for an extra night in 2008. Beautiful setting. 45-50 minutes to the airport. Don't know anything about the ones you mentioned.

alabama
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: August Lodging Question

if you want something upscale i would take a look at both jenny lake lodge & jackson lake lodge. anything in the teton village area is upscale. as far as being close to the national parks, you aren't very far even if you stay in downtown jackson.

the nicest place around the square is the wort. a few blocks away, & one of my favorites, is the "in on the creek". an absolutely wonderful place & very quiet on cache creek.

6. Re: August Lodging Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 18, 2009