We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getaway weekend in w/o the kids - Need some suggestions

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Getaway weekend in w/o the kids - Need some suggestions

My husband and I are thinking about going to Jackson Hole for the weekend in October. Can anyone suggest a great hotel / spa if available and some great restauraunt suggestions. We love good food. All types. We want to de-stress and have some fun.

Mentioned in this post
Bin 22
$$ - $$$, Spanish, Wine Bar
MacPhail's Burgers
$$ - $$$, American, Bar
Persephone Bakery
$$ - $$$, French, American, Cafe
Jackson Hole, WY
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getaway weekend in w/o the kids - Need some suggestions

The Rusty Parrot is located a few blocks from Town Square in Jackson, and does offer spa services. Their hot tub, located on a deck on the second floor has one of the best views of any hot tubs in town. It is a wonderful hotel, I think it really captures the hospitality of a Western Town, while still being elegant. The restaurant on site-the Wild Sage is one of my favorite restaurants in town when it comes to treating myself...fine dining, with an amazing wine list and perfect service.

Another option would be the Wort Hotel, it would probably be a little more moderately priced, but their rooms have all recently been renovated and are absolutely gorgeous...I wouldn't be surprised if next time AAA is in town, they end up being ranked as high as the Rusty Parrot, however, they have no spa services...

BUT, for the spa services, I would plan on going to Snake River Lodge and Spa for at least one day, indulge in a couple treatments, order lunch poolside, enjoy the views. The spa at the Snake River Lodge and Spa is my favorite in Jackson Hole, and the pool is the best in Jackson Hole. I just don't recommend staying there in October because much of Teton Village will be closed.

As far as restaurants-the Blue Lion (Continental), Snake River Brewing Company (Wood fired pizzas/pasta) and Nani's (Regional Italian) are all favorites of mine that tend to stay open in the off-season. Make sure to check out our daily newspaper, or ask the concierge at your hotel for off season discounts at restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Town Square
Town Square
2,065 Reviews
Jackson, WY
Jackson
Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY
Wild Sage
Wild Sage
306 Reviews
Jackson, WY
The Wort Hotel
The Wort Hotel
621 Reviews
Jackson, WY
Snake River Lodge and Spa
Snake River Lodge and Spa
745 Reviews
Teton Village, WY
Teton Village
Teton Village
Jackson Hole, WY
Blue Lion
Blue Lion
1,180 Reviews
Jackson, WY
Snake River Brewing
Snake River Brewing
2,339 Reviews
Jackson, WY
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getaway weekend in w/o the kids - Need some suggestions

Thank you Jhcenres for your helpful information. I will look into all your suggestions.

Take care.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getaway weekend in w/o the kids - Need some suggestions

My husband and I just loved Spring Creek Ranch, we stayed there in late August. The views are amazing, and it really feels rustic. They have a nice stable too, with a lot of horses (I noticed your name!) You can go to the website, www.springcreekranch.com and see in the webcam the view that looks like the one we had from our room. We had a deluxe hotel room - I think it was #2202, which was right by the Granary. It was $320 per night plus a $10 resort fee. This restaurant was great also. We loved having breakfast there each morning, and ate dinner there a couple of times as well. The room rate includes breakfast, and you can order anything on the menu. They also have a spa, but I can't give you any info because we didn't use it. However, I HIGHLY recommend the Dusk Wildlife Safari with Kurt at Spring Creek Ranch. It was one of the best parts of our trip to see so many wonderful animals up close, and he really knows his stuff!

Mentioned in this post
Spring Creek Ranch
Spring Creek Ranch
679 Reviews
Jackson, WY
The Granary
The Granary
377 Reviews
Jackson, WY
4. Re: Getaway weekend in w/o the kids - Need some suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 09, 2009