We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta changed flight, Need new hotel location

ny
Level Contributor
337 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Delta changed flight, Need new hotel location

Hi All,

Currently booked at Homewood Suites in Jackson for over 300.00 a night, but Delta had now changed our flight departure time from 1:00 pm to 6:00 am. I definitely don't want to spend that much on a hotel I have to check out of at 4:00 in the morning.

Can anyone reccomend an alternate hotel that is in or very near town that won't cost so much? We only have one day/evening in Jackson.

Mentioned in this post
Jackson
Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY
Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta changed flight, Need new hotel location

Try Buckrail Lodge. It's 5 blocks from town.

ny
Level Contributor
337 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta changed flight, Need new hotel location

Thanks, C Dudley.

Is your name from the childrens book? My daughter and I love the book Cuddley Dudley.

The Buckrail Lodge looks great! Thanks for the tip! I was looking for other options as well and found The Cowboy Village. It is also reasonably priced and close to town.

What is the difference between the Cowboy Village and Buckrail in terms of location? Which is closer? Which has a nicer atmosphere?

Thanks so much for your help :))

Mentioned in this post
Cowboy Village Resort
Cowboy Village Resort
1,120 Reviews
Jackson, WY
Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta changed flight, Need new hotel location

I haven't stayed at Cowboy Village, but it has great reviews on TA. It looks like the main difference is that Cowboy Village has individual cabin accommodations, whereas Buckrail is more like a motor hotel. They are only a half mile apart, so the distance is negligible. Buckrail is in a shady residential area of town, and Cowboy Village looks like it is just off the main drag on the west side of town. I thiknk you'd be happy with either choice. Have a great vacation!

Mentioned in this post
Cowboy Village Resort
Cowboy Village Resort
1,120 Reviews
Jackson, WY
Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta changed flight, Need new hotel location

And no, I'm sad to say I'm not named after Cuddly Dudley, although I was named after the heroine in a book... Catherine in Wuthering Heights. Guess my mother was a romantic!

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta changed flight, Need new hotel location

Hello Mouse- I live here and I "m only writing to confirm that the advice above is correct. Cowboy Village & The Buckrail are both excellent choices.

Hope you have a great time in the Valley.

Mentioned in this post
Cowboy Village Resort
Cowboy Village Resort
1,120 Reviews
Jackson, WY
6. Re: Delta changed flight, Need new hotel location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 02, 2009