We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide on which lodging in Jackson

Brentwood, Tennessee
2 posts
Help me decide on which lodging in Jackson

We will be spending two night in Jackson July 2019. I am trying to decide between the 49'er, Elk Country or Cowboy Village. Has anyone stayed at all three and can give feedback. I have read the reviews here on TA, but am still not sure which to choose.

We do want to have air conditioning and be in walking distance to downtown, but they all seem to fit that.

8 replies to this topic
Madison, WI
Level Contributor
9,989 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Help me decide on which lodging in Jackson

I've only stayed at Cowboy Village and really liked it. Cool little cabins and not a typical "motel experience". They are all decent.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
9,989 posts
66 reviews
2. Re: Help me decide on which lodging in Jackson

Another thought....I've been visiting Jackson for years, and have been lately staying at the Ranch Inn. It's a little more central location (a minute from Town Square)...and the rooms in the Tower section overlook Snow King ski resort and have large balconies. If you happen to be there over the 4th of July you can watch the fireworks over Snow King from your balcony. Anyway, it might be slightly less expensive and they have a nice continental type breakfast as well.

http://www.ranchinn.com/

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
11,361 posts
1 review
3. Re: Help me decide on which lodging in Jackson

I have stayed at 49er. It was a quality inn (unsure if it still is). Its in town so you can just park at hotel and walk in the city.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
34,718 posts
505 reviews
4. Re: Help me decide on which lodging in Jackson

Basic but good coffee with 49er inn. We stayed there this May.

Brentwood, Tennessee
2 posts
5. Re: Help me decide on which lodging in Jackson

Eric P, if the price were the same for the 49'er and the Ranch Inn would you still pick the Ranch Inn?

Thanks for the replys. Now with the Ranch Inn thrown into the mix, I will have to revisit my choices.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
6. Re: Help me decide on which lodging in Jackson

Those 3 hotels are all owned and operated by the same company and have good if not great reputations. The office for Town Square Inns is at the Antler Hotel which like the Ranch Inn is VERY close to the Square.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
34,718 posts
505 reviews
7. Re: Help me decide on which lodging in Jackson

To add to info on 49er. The staff is great, have a world class fitness center and a very nice indoor pool. If any of this interests you and your family then choose the 49er.

Level Contributor
22 posts
8. Re: Help me decide on which lodging in Jackson

We have been staying at the Ranch Inn for over 30 years, and we’ve never been disappointed. We live in Utah and go frequently so we have stayed many places; the Antler, 49er, Snow King Resort, Spring creek ranch and many more. There are many nice places that cost a lot more, but if you want a great location and a great value, the Ranch Inn is perfect. It’s basically in Town square and close to walk to everything. It’s nice to be able to avoid the hassle of driving.

Reply to: Help me decide on which lodging in Jackson
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted