We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo versus Enterprise Car Rental at Airport

New Iberia...
6 posts
Alamo versus Enterprise Car Rental at Airport

Would like to hear some feedback from people who have used Alamo car rental at the Jacson airport. I have always used Enterprise but their rates are double that of Alamo. Never had any problems with Enterprise & have seen some really negative things about Alamo.

4 replies to this topic
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
29 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: Alamo versus Enterprise Car Rental at Airport

I can only talk about Alamo in Las Vegas. On the two occasions I used them in the past two years they were superb. Fast check-in (do it before you leave home), near-new vehicles, no administrative fuss. Las Vegas is a big operation, can't say how things would be at Jackson. I understand that Alamo is a subsidiary of Enterprise.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,066 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Alamo versus Enterprise Car Rental at Airport

Enterprise owns Alamo. Go with the best rate. I've rented with Alamo for years with never the slightest problem. That includes two rentals out of JAC.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
20,269 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: Alamo versus Enterprise Car Rental at Airport

Add in National to that group. I rent from National weekly and at some locations there inventory may be low and I've been told to pick a car from the Alamo aisle (I'm Emerald Elite and with National you can pick out your own car). At check-in counters in smaller airports, there will be people at each of the three counters, but they cover for the other counters. I was the third person at the National counter and a woman raced past me and was the first in the Enterprise line. She had to wait while the Enterprise agent took the next person in the National aisle. They have three different brand names, but IME they operate as a unit behind the scenes. I love National. I'm not a fan of my local Enterprise rentals but those are improving. I have no reason not to use Alamo, except I concentrate on National and Hertz to collect points and status. I would not worry at all.

Falkirk District...
Level Contributor
837 posts
479 reviews
4. Re: Alamo versus Enterprise Car Rental at Airport

Rented from Alamo from Denver earlier this month, they were excellent and much cheaper than Enterprise. We booked a mid size SUV and got a Nissan Rogue which was almost new and had leather seats

Reply to: Alamo versus Enterprise Car Rental at Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted